Priceline Hotel: 4* Miami (Coral Gables-Coconut Grove) Hyatt Regency

runNgun
By runNgun,
in

I've got a last minute meeting at the Loews in SoBe but the hotel is sold out. Hotwire only had a few $400+ rooms available but did have a 4* in the Coconut Grove area for $367. It looked like the Mayfair. Started at $150 for 4* CG-CG used free rebids at $175, $200, $225, $250. Started a new bid with KB and CG-CG $275 then used rebids at $285, $295 and this hit at $300. Hyatt.com shows the hotel sold out!!! I'm glad this is a business expense. :) Let's hope I don't get walked.

I bid up to $380 for a Resort and 4* on Sobe and Miami Beach with no luck. Group rate was $379 at Loews before they sold out.

$697.87 is the total with tax.

Maybe the Hyatt would not have taken you (although, as I say, my guess is at $300 they'd try to find a way), but I'm sure a comparable property would have. That is just an enormous sum to bid for a room on an opaque travel site. It's hard for me to imagine that you wouldn't do better making personal contact with a human being at that price-point.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]