Hotwire Hotel: 5-star Hotel in Magnificent Mile - Water Tower area 12/26 to 12/29

Msukc
By Msukc,
in

Been looking at a nice family Chicago trip after Christmas.  Its a great time to go there for us.  Easy drive from Michigan.  Uber around the city if it is too cold.  Hoping to land a 5 star hotel with indoor pool at a great price.

Currently, Hotwire has this:

100% Recommended

Free internet

Amenities

Business center Fitness center Indoor pool(s)Pet friendly Pool(s)Restaurant(s)Smoke-free rooms

417 reviews on hotwire.  5 of 5 Tripadvisor

I see there are only a few 5 starts on the hotel listings in the mag mile area.  Any ideas which this one is?  

Kids really want a pool and I want to make sure this one has a nice one.

Thanks.

Just to confirm, how many adults/children are you searching for? On the detail page for the 5* that I am seeing when searching for 2adults/1 child, I'm seeing 4.5/5 on tripadvisor. I'll also note that there are some really nice 4* properties (Palomar, Radisson Blu Aqua, Swiss, Omni.) All of these offer nice pools and would be solid choices for less. The Intercontinental and Loews offer more lap swimming pools and the Hyatt Mag Mile is another property with a pool, but it's a very small pool.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

2 adults and 2 kids.  But, I decided not to pursue.  I have platinum status on IHG.  Not a great points program, I know.  But, I did book mart plaza Holiday Inn Express for 99 per night including parking.   And I will likely get upgrade to a really great city view.  Parking is easily 30 per night (more like 42).  So the room is about 50-60 per night.  

Not a five star, I am aware but $354 out the door for 3 nights with parking is hard to beat.  I was curious to go for a 4.5 or 5 star.  But those are 71 per night plus parking for not knowing where you end up. I didnt want Intercontinental because the pool is a lap pool; very beautiful but not great for fun.  So IHG hotel it is.

I will sound like a ihg slappy.  But this is an underrated hotel with great views of the city.  Great views.  Self park so you save on tipping.  Pool is decent too, I think.  I will see what the kiddos think and post their feedback next week.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]