PL Flight Help Request: BUF - LAS

jacqueline
By jacqueline,
in

I've only used Priceline a couple of times, and solely for hotel reservations,...but I've become fairly proficient at bidding (usually because I browse through these forums first, lol). Anyway, I'd just like a little help please for using Priceline for airfare bookings. :-)

I'm looking at flying roundtrip from BUF to LAS, April 26, 2006 (Wed) to May 3, 2006 (Wed) [2 passengers]. I was able to find a really good fare on Southwest for $145.90 pp (after taxes). The best fare I could find on Orbitz is $109 pp ($153 after taxes), and that's only if I change my departure / return dates to April 25 - May 2 - which I don't mind doing.

What price should I start my bidding at? Any strategies I should take note of?

Thanks in advance. Any help is much appreciated. :-)

There you are, thereuare! hehe...that's probably an old one, right? lol.

Anyway, I don't know how much I can expect to save by using PL for flights,...but I think a savings of at least $30 - $40 per person would justify the associated "inconveniences". Thus far, the SW flight is the most appealing option, as the flight to LAS is direct, and the return has only one stop (whereas the Orbitz options have slightly less desireable departure times and each have one stop). Would these savings be possible?

Thanks for all your help. :-)

The savings are probably not there, as you're talkinga about a flight that is only $100 or so before taxes... so saving 30-40% has not been common on airfare lately. However, this isn't to say that you have anything to lose by trying.

If $40 is a worthwhile savings then i would try to put a bid in for that (about a $60 bid? make sure the total cost priceline shows you works out to the savings you are seeking before you submit your bid), but $150RT to Vegas doesn't seem too bad to me... seems like everywhere i need to fly lately is $300RT :)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You brought up some excellent points, thereuare.

I noticed that the cheapest flights available on Priceline have VERY inconvenient departure times and / or multiple layovers - whereas the Southwest flight to LAS is direct, and has only one stop on the way back. It probably would be the better option for me, because as you pointed out,..it's only $150 return. :-)

Thank you very much for your help, regardless - I really do appreciate it!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]