Priceline Hotel: 3* New Orleans (West Bank) Holiday Inn New Orleans Westbank Tower

Nords
By Nords,
in

So funny story here.  My wife and I are doing a vacation for our first ever trip to New Orleans February 9-12th 2017.  Airfare booked.  Next is the hotel.  I book almost all my hotels through Priceline using name your own price.  I love betterbidding.com for strategies and all that.  I'm normally very careful about the bidding strategy.  In this case I'm willing to take a 4*, 3 1/2* or 3* hotel.  So everyday I start with 4* bidding using the rebidding strategies learned here.  I'm only looking at French Quarter hotels.  Well, at work this past Monday I was unsuccessful at 4* and 3 1/2* and was bidding on 3* hotels.  Something came up at work that took me away from the computer and I just forgot which star rating I was bidding on.  

Well, stupid me, because I accidentally added West Bank in the rebidding option at the 3* level.  So of course Murphy's Law happens and I win a West Bank hotel at 3* level!  For those interested on the board and for tracking purposes it was the Holiday Inn West Bank Tower from February 9 to February 12, 2017 for $90/night (it said it was only a 12% savings, ha ha).  Well that sucked because that is not where we want to be.  So I panicked and called Priceline customer service.  They were excellent.  I told them what happened that it was an accident, etc. (begging for a cancellation).  The agent had to put me on hold so they could call the hotel to get them to agree to cancel the reservation.  Luckily the hotel agreed and I was able to get a full immediate refund back onto my credit card.  Of course Priceline informed me it was a special case (my stupidity, ha ha) and that normally it is final sale and all that.  So just thought I would share that mistakes happen (even $300 ones, ha ha) and I was very lucky to get my money back.

Once I eventually get a hotel booked I'll update betterbidding.com in the normal manner.  Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]