Priceline Hotel: Whistler, BC, Canada

jdubsf
By jdubsf,
in

Hello,

This is my first post and just wanted to say thank you very much for setting up an excellent and very helpful website. I have learned alot so far!

I am hoping for a 4 star or above: Whistler village (not Squamish), February 1-5, 2017

https://www.priceline.com/stay/#/search/hotels/Whistler,+Canada/20170201/20170205/1?searchType=CITY&page=1&areas=910003086&starRatings=4

I am happy with all of the 4 star hotel in this link, except for the  Cascade Lodge by ResortQuest Whistler, which is only $204 and would likely be the hotel I got if I win the bid.

I have already bid $85/night and was denied.

I could try for a 3.5 star hotel.  https://www.priceline.com/stay/#/search/hotels/Whistler,+Canada/20170201/20170205/1?searchType=CITY&page=1&areas=910003086&starRatings=3

I'd be ok with the Pinnacle Hotel Whistler https://www.priceline.com/stay/#/details/5674505/20170201/20170205/

But not with the other 3.5 star hotel First Tracks Lodge https://www.priceline.com/stay/#/details/4595105/20170201/20170205/

(which is way far away from the main Village)

Do you have any recommendations for me?

Thanks so much!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Thank you so much for your compliments on Betterbidding! Glad to hear that you have found the site helpful in planning your trip.

Based on your discussion, the concern that I have is that when you bid you have to be willing to accept any hotel at that star rating in that zone. There is no way to avoid a particular hotel. If you bid at the 3.5* level, there is always the possibility that you could be automatically upgraded to a 4*.

So, that said, PRICELINE EXPRESS would be a better option for your stay. What would be your desired max budget per night for this stay?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi Aaron,

Thank you very much for your help.

I agree with you. 3.5* is too risky since I might end up with the hotel far from where I need to be.

I will only bid on 4* or above. I'm hoping to keep my max budget at $200/night (preferably $150/night)

I looked at PRICELINE EXPRESS, but the only hotel available in the Village is the only 5* (Four Seasons) for $475/night which way above my budget.

Thanks for your help

jdubsf,

Whenever possible please try to avoid including linking to search results, as the links will eventually expire and it becomes less useful for the next person who is reading your post in the future and is unable to understand what it was that you were referencing.

What about HOTWIRE, which splits the equivalent PRICELINE zone into about 4 different areas, which would enable you to better target the specific location you're hoping for?  Do you see anything on HOTWIRE that is within your desired star rating, budget and location?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]