Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Salt Lake City (Downtown and University Park) Doubletree Suites by Hilton

loess
By loess,
in

I was aiming for a hotel downtown and thanks to BetterBidding I was able to hit this on my first try with a bid of $65 (using BetterBidding's PRICELINE link). Actual total was $79.54 ($65 + $14.54 taxes). We also opted for the $9 parking garage fee; note that this is the only on-site parking available, so if you need to park a car be sure to factor this into your bidding.

Overall I was pleased with our stay - the hotel was quite elegant and the staff was friendly. I was disappointed that although PRICELINE had stated that room was good for 2 adults, I was unable to request a room with two queen beds. Rather, I was told that my only available option was a single king size bed with a foldout couch, and that because I had booked through Priceline, the clerk had no authority to honor any alternate requests. He was courteous and apologetic, and gave me a coupon code good for free internet via the AT&T wifi service (which is normally a paid option for guests).

I would advise avoiding a room on the west side of the property. For one, our room had a window that looked down into the pool which was rather noisy and the chatter from poolgoers echoed audibly. Secondly, there was a SysCo food service semi truck that pulled up directly below the bedroom window bright and early at 7:15am, making a lot of racket unloading their delivery and then idling loudly for an hour after that before leaving. This kind of thing may be a regular occurrence.

Congrats on your success.

Great win for this Doubletree property (hope you got a couple of D'tree cookies at check-in) and thank you for sharing the results of your win. Sorry to hear that the hotel was not able to offer bed type (bed type is not guaranteed when bidding, but you may have no problem with a request; it may depend on the hotel or even the day), but glad they offered free wifi.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]