Hotwire Hotel: Help with Identifying 4 1/2 star Hotel NYC

Avella
By Avella,
in

Just for fun I thought I'd check out the rates for New Year's Eve. Found a 4 1/2 star hotel, Midtown Central with the following ammentities: Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center. Any ideas. I checked the Hotwire Hotel list but didn't find this.

Also, is it just madness on New Year's Eve. I expect a mass number of people. Thought it would be fun to do just once. Can you get close to Times Square on New Years for the ball drop? We are planning 3 nights over Thanksgiving but not until the Friday after the Parade. Mistake??? Is the parade something not to miss?

Matches the description of the Omni Berkshire, but as their is no unique amenity in the list, there could be others that we don't yet know about. You can read my comments near the end of THIS THREAD as it was recently discussed there as well.

To answer your other questions regarding NYE and Thanksgiving Day....

New Years Eve: a controlled zoo (although some animals somehow manage to get out of their cages and act stupid :) ). There are indeed a mass number of people but the police have done a very good job about using baracades to create grids. Once a grid is filled, they close it and start allowing people into the new grid, and so-on. Once in a grid you can't leave. You won't be close to the ball unless you're willing to wait outside close to 24 hours as the crowd begins to stake out space (inside the closest grids) very early in the morning. I did it once because the weather was unseasonably warm and figured that would be the one time i try it. It was a last minute decision on our part... if you need to plan ahead and get bad weather it could be unpleasant. Overall, i wouldn't recommend it if you're over 25 years old, and if you're under 25 years old i'd think still twice! (just my thoughts... obviously many people still do it year after year)

Thanksgiving: IMO a better time than New Years, but again, get a bitter cold day and it can get uncomfortable. People a bit more sober than the New Years crowd :) and it's nice to see the smiles on the kid's faces as the floats go by, but after an hour or so i've had enough. Prime sidewalk real estate goes pretty early in the morning... pack a thermos and some coffee/hot chocolate.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]