Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Chicago Loop - Theater District) Palmer House Hilton

beantown24
By beantown24,
in

Got the Palmer House Hilton, which was easy to discern because there doesn't appear to be any other 4* hotels in the Chicago Loop zone with a pool.  The listed amenities were:

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Indoor pool(s)

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Self-service laundry

Internet access

Golf nearby

(85% recommended - GREAT!)

$125.00 per night x 2 nights x 1 room = $250.00
(Hotel chooses bed type)

Tax recovery charges + fees: $68.88

Hotwire total due today (USD): $318.88

2 adults + 2 kids was $125 per night (which is what I selected to try to ensure two beds)

2 adults + 1 kid was $124 per night

I should point out that I had a bad Hot Deal experience with booking this Palmer House Hilton a month ago for our family of four for these same dates (the above win was for a 2nd room now that our group has grown).  At that time, the 2 adults + 2 kids option wasn't available, and the Palmer House option was only coming up when I selected 2 adults + 1 kid.  I figured there was no difference, either way there would HAVE to be two beds, right?  After booking, I called the hotel to ensure that was the case, and they said that they would be supplying us with a king bed and a roll-away (which doesn't work for four people).  I wrangled with them on the phone for a half hour, stating that a roll-away bed wasn't acceptable to be assumed at booking (especially for a 4* hotel), but they would not budge, nor would Hotwire when I called them.  So just beware, the Palmer House Hilton will be willing to put your 1 kid on a roll-away, so stay away from that option (if possible) if you are looking for two beds.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your results, and experience trying to get two beds, with the board.  If you still need/prefer two beds i would ask at check-in for a room with two beds (not mentioning any previous discussions you have).

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you searched using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property (including any accessible amenities)... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks, enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The Palmer (and Hilton Towers nearby) both have rooms with two beds and two bathrooms. Those are certainly an upgrade, but wouldn't hurt to ask at check-in and see what they say. Worst they can say is no.

I'm very familiar with the city - let me know if you have any city questions (need directions, recommendations, etc.)

Enjoy your stay.

The list of amenities that I listed in my original post was those that would be seen on the Hotwire site.  

The list of amenities on the BetterBidding.com EASY VIEW TAB were:

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]