Hotwire Hotel: 3* DC (Convention Center - Arts District) Kellogg Conference Hotel

Tlamps
By Tlamps,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding. :biggrin:

The FAQ addresses this here, but I'll note that while it's commonly thought that waiting until the last minute provides better deals, that can often go wrong, especially if there is something going on, if it's a busy season, etc. If prices do go higher, they can do so suddenly and those waiting for a better deal can find that prices are higher and/or the options left are not as appealing. Additionally, there is also a "realistic floor" for hotel prices, where expecting them to decline much further isn't going to be reasonable.

It's really best to have a sense of what rates are traditionally like in the area and is this a busy season/are there events going on. If you find a good deal, waiting for a better one is just a risk.

If you need help with a particular stay, please confirm the date/s of travel and desired star rating/zone/budget per night (before taxes/fees.)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I will add that this question comes up a lot, and you can see my most recent responses to users (that i could remember and quickly find in a search) in my posts HERE and HERE.

As noted above, you can get very specific help here at BetterBidding, so if you do have an upcoming trip planned let us know the details and your needs and we will try to assist further.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am going to Washington, DC 11/12 - 11/14, so Saturday and Sunday night.  I am thinking this may be a busy weekend b/c of Veterans Day on 11/11.  I am open to staying in about 5 different locations near downtown.  In the past I was able to get 3.5 or 4 star hotels for $100-$125 a night.  I see a few people on your site got some good deals.  I plan to start bidding this week through your site!

Without knowing which zone(s) you're willing to accept, difficult to say if your $100-$125 budget is realistic or not, but assuming it is (or assuming it's below what we think would likely be accepted)... if you could score something at $100 would it be worth locking in now?  If it took $125 would that be worth locking in now?

If so, and your plans are firm, why not start your PRICELINE bidding now?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

I attempted PRICELINE Name Your Own Price many many times over 2-3 days trying to get a hotel in downtown DC for $150 or under.  I tried 6 different areas in downtown and went down to 3 stars with no luck, so I turned to HOTWIRE and was able to get a 3 star hotel in downtown near the Convention Center.  Kellogg Conference Hotel at Gallaudet University.  This was the first time PRICELINE did not come through for me, so I was a little disappointed, but it all worked out in the end.

Amenities: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Tennis nearby, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the ultimate outcome and this will work well for your needs (and budget).

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm this amenity set for the board's Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]