Priceline Hotel: 4.5* New York City (Times Square - Theatre District) Intercontinental New York Times Square

kategugg
By kategugg,
in

I would like to have some help for hotels--very expensive for this weekend and would like to get some guidance.

two adults:

Central Park South 4 star $394

Amenities Include: Free Internet, Fitness center, Business center and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Suite, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Business center, Internet access, Kitchenette, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Central Park South 5 star $414

Amenities Include: Internet access, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Business center and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Children's activities

Central Park South

Amenities Include: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Business center and more...

Central Park South 5 star $503

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

Central Park South 4 star 373

Amenities Include: Internet access, Business center and more...

FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Business center, Internet access, Children's activities, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom

Times Square South 4.5 star $402

Amenities Include: Internet access, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Business center and more...

FULL AMENITIES

click here

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thank you

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Historically, from a seasonal perspective this is one of the most expensive weekends in NYC.

Are you willing to spend $500+ for a hotel room this trip?  $400+?

I'm very familiar with NYC, if you let us know your needs for this trip, as well as your maximum budget (per nite before fees/taxes), we will have a look and offer what appear to be the best options that meet your criteria (which will be quicker, as well as more specific to your needs, then starting to research the 6 properties above)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Of course I have picked the MOST expensive weekend!! Flights already booked so we are ready

So its for my daughter and me she is a teenager and wants to walk around see the pretty Christmas decorations and windows. (No drinking of course no party or bar atmosphere necessary) Macys, rockefeller center, central park--basic touristy stuff. I think she wants to go to a restaurant near Soho but we are walkers.

One king bed is fine-its a very short two night stay and I am willing to go to $1200 total.

Kate

So how about something like (confirm your dates on any landing pages of any links provided):

4.5* Midtown East for $302
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Airport Shuttle
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess would be the Hotel 48LEX, which gets good reviews, would be an easy walk to Rock Center to see the tree as well as the shops along Fifth Ave, and a 3-4 block walk to the subway for when you want to head downtown (4 or 6 train) or the E or M for when you need to get to the West side, Soho, and/or Macy's... and at nearly half of your expected budget

4.5* Chelsea for $298.00
Free Internet
Pet Friendly
Shuttle
Smoke Free
Fitness
Restaurant
Business
Hi-Speed Internet
==> INNSIDE New York NoMad which would not be as centrally located for what you listed above, but gets very good reviews

4.5* Rockefeller Center - Bryant Park for $379
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center

==> Omni Berkshire

5* Chelsea Area for $384
Pets Allowed
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> Kimpton Hotel Eventi (a bit more south than the others, but hotels gets GREAT reviews)

Thoughts on any of the above working for your needs? (or what doesn't work so we can further fine-tune other suggestions, if necessary)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This is great information and I am thrilled. I am wondering if there are also options near what used to be or is still Hells Kitchen like near 9th? is that a good place to stay. I really like the idea of 48Lex  I hadn't thought of that at all.

is there any way to tell which of these might be LeParker meridian. we stayed there once for a wedding and loved the location.

Thank you again

Kate

This offer (again, always confirm your dates on the landing page):

4.5* Central Park South for $574
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Indoor or Outdoor Pool
Fitness Center

==> i believe is likely the Le Parker Meridien New York... but unfortunately is a bit pricey :sad:

Hell's Kitchen (Ninth Ave) sits right on the edge of the MTW-Hells Kitchen zones and Times Square.  We usually don't recommend the MTW-Hell's Kitchen zone for the average visitor as the nice(r) 4* and higher rated hotels are a bit west in the zone and are not that centrally located for most.  The following guessed Times Square hotel is very close:

4.5* Times Square - Theatre District for $395
Pets Allowed
Business Center
Restaurant
Fitness Center

==> i believe this to be the Intercontinental New York Times Square, which would be a good location, but is it worth $100 more than the previously guessed Lex48? (a rhetorical question... maybe for your needs it's worth the extra cost; then again, maybe not, you know your needs for this trip best)

Ran the plans by my daughter and we took your advice and BOOKED the Intercontinental through the link you sent. What a great deal and yes it is pricey for this weekend but we will have a good location and fun!!! Thank you so very much. I got it for 12/2-12/4 for $395 and I am very grateful to you and your site

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're pleased with the outcome and looking forward to your NYC arrival... we're happy to have helped!

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Enjoy your stay (and let us know if you have any additional questions about NYC to help with your plans once you arrive)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]