Hotwire Hotel: Help with Midtown East Hotel Description

Avella
By Avella,
in

Midtown East, 3 star, Business and Fitness Center...?The Roosevelt? also 4 1/2 star in same area, Restaurant, Fitness Center, Business Center, and Tennis Nearby? no clue. Please help. I have stayed at the Roosevelt before and know they also have a Restaurant but its not listed, nor is it on there own web page. Their page mentions Business and Fitness Center but...

We have a two night complimentary room at the Roosevelt and the third nights rate is $289. Figured we'd switch Hotels and go through Hotwire.

Any suggestions would be great!

The 4.5* w/ Tennis icon is likely the Inter-Continental Barclay.

The 3* i'm not sure of, but i can try to be more help if you post the date(s) of your stay (but i dont' think it's the Roosevelt as that's rated 3.5* by Hotwire).

Did you see this post which lists the hotels that have already been identfied: Hotwire Hotel List

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Did not check the Hotwire Hotel List. Thanks for the tip! The date, 1 night we are looking to stay is Sunday, November 30.

We have two complimentary nights reserved that Friday and Saturday but didn't want to spend $289 for a third night at The Roosevelt. Try something else.

Thanks so much for your help. I am new to Hotwire and really like it!

Went back to offers for Sunday, November 30 for one night. This is Thanksgiving weekend. prices are really high. Is that common for a Sunday or this holiday weekend? Lowest price I would be interested in is $146, 4 1/2 star, midtown east. sounds reasonable, very.

Also, last time I purchased the insurance. Good thing or bad?

Many say that Hotwire over-rates their hotels by a half a star or so. I would therefore be hesitant about a 3* property that was completely unknown (it's different if we had a reasonably good guess as to what it is and that hotel was acceptable)

If you're saying that the 4.5* on Hotwire (with amenities listed above) is $146 on your search, it's coming up at $163 on my search for the same dates... this too is common with Hotwire. I just let you know in case you see the price fluctuate a bit.

As for prices.... they're probably a bit high due to the holiday weekend, but also that this weekend often kicks-off the X-mas holiday season as the city begins to get extra busy with tourists coming to see the holiday displays and do their shopping. Priceline is usually a little cheaper than Hotwire (but Hotwire gives you a greater ability to identify the hotel beforehand).

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That is what I like about Hotwire. The flexibility to possibly figure it out. Would you suggest going for a 4 1/2 star, midtown east regardless for between $146 - $165 or waiting and checking back. I'd hate for prices to go up and that price is good for me for one night. Not a hotel favorite, but beats $289 to stay at the Roosevelt.

I would suspect prices to increase as hotels fill up. Do hotels offer these prices or does Hotwire negotiate the price, or...?

I've read a lot of postings but haven't found that answer. I love NYC. I am from the Pittsburgh area and will likely visit New York more often with Hotwire prices.

With the offers for that date, any suggestions?

The hotels put prices into a system and Hotwire marks them up somewhat (not a fixed amount, it can change, and that likely accounts for the difference in price you're seeing and i'm seeing).

If you're comfortable with the price and happy with getting what we believe to be the InterContinental the Barclay than i would go for it. I mentioned the price difference simply because there is a chance that in the future you'll be seeing this hotel at a slightly higher price (since i'm seeing it $20 higher than you).

There is no set rule as to when the best time to purchase is... sometimes we see prices go down a little closer to check-in date, sometimes we see prices increase or hotels disappear entirely!

Here is a Priceline thread that discusses the Early vs. Late purchase debate (written about Priceline, but can equally be applied to Hotwire): Should I Bid Early or Late

• 1 month later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]