Priceline Hotel: Rebidding after 72 hours--Procedure?

RUDYCC
By RUDYCC,
in

Hi

I just used priceline twice and did get my hotel rooms both times after "changing" (adding zones) to my bid. BUT I've never been rejected for the 72 hour lockout and so am CLUELESS as to how to start rebidding after the 72 hours are up. Can I start with the same itinerary and bid at my original lower bids or do I now STILL have to change something? And do I have to start at the last bid? Do I have to change the dates. I've looked all over priceline and other sites and have not found any directions as to what to do. Can one of you help? I'd appreciate you being specific as to whether: price must start at last price (highest one); or can start lower again; and whether I can keep the original zone (and add ones only to rebid); and most especially whether the dates must be changed. Priceline is pretty confusing on the "Lockout". THANKS SO MUCH.

Ooooppps! :) Sorry for being in the wrong section. Didn't know there was a state section (just found it). I did read the bidding before end of 72 hrs and had done the rebidding/add zone strategy. I'll re-read to see if anything else I missed and go to the state section for answers on how to restart bidding. Thanks.

Hi Going to West Des Moines, IA in a month and so bid on Saturday. Just bid at 3* and added 2 other zones. Started at 45, then 50, 55. I'd bid 6 months ago on priceline also for West Des Moines and a 3 * only and got it on third bid by added airport and merle hay zones for rebids Third bid at 55 got me the hotel. But this time I am rejected and now locked out until Tues night.

I've never been rejected for the 72 hour lockout before and so am CLUELESS as to how to start rebidding after the 72 hours are up. Can I start with the same itinerary and bid at my original lower bids or do I now STILL have to change something? And do I have to start at the last bid? Do I have to change the dates. I've looked all over priceline and other sites and have not found any directions as to what to do. Can one of you help? I'd appreciate you being specific as to whether: price must start at last price (highest one); or can start lower again; and whether I can keep the original zone (and add ones only to rebid); and most especially whether the dates must be changed. Priceline is pretty confusing on the "Lockout". THANKS SO MUCH.

Asked this on the general forum and they suggested I ask in the "state" section. (Also that I read the bidding before the 72 hours are up. I did and it suggests my adding zones strategy but doesn't answer my questions above.) THANKS.

I need a room for Sunday and Monday night, Mar 5 and 6th. Although there is a possibility I will be staying for Tuesday night, I don't know as yet and so thought I'd now lock in Sun and Mon (5th and 6th) and either bid again for the Mar 7th day later or request my stay be extended by a day, as allowed by Priceline.

I think there is only 2 hotels at the 3 star level in West Des Moines (where I need to be). I think they are the Marriott and the Sheraton. I stayed at the Sheraton on a Priceline 6 months ago for 55/night. Really nice hotel and a great deal. Thanks for volunteering to help on strategy. :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]