Priceline Hotel: 3* Dallas (Frisco-Plano West) The Marriott at Legacy Town Center

dougieieie
By dougieieie,
in

hi there. first post.

I've used Priceline for hotels a half dozen times in the last 2-3 years, and just discoverd your FANTASTIC website a few months ago.

I've been reading thru the posts and learned alot, but have yet to put your tips into action.

ANYWAY, today i was helping my sister bid for a room in Frisco-West Plano, Texas area.

She had bid $69 on a 3-star and was refused. She then thought about upping her bid and selecting a 4-star, BUT on the re-bid page, the 4-star had already BEEN selected, so she couldn't ADD it to re-bid.

I didn't beleive her, so i went in and bid $72 for a 3-star, and got the same results.

Wasn't accepted. AND the 4-star was checked on the re-bid so i couldn't ADD it!!

Is this something new??

what's up?

we're going to try a higher bid again in 3 days (she wants to stay in THAT area), and i'll post about that in the proper "Texas" thread when she succeeds or not.

thanks again,

dougieieie

This is the way it has always been.

The star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to accept, so Priceline views it that you have also bid for the higher star ratings as well (since the also checked them when you placed your bid).

There is often a way around this though, but won't be able to suggest how to do it without knowing the specifics (dates, zones, etc) of your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the reply Thereuare.

I think every time I"VE used Priceline it's been for a weekend getaway with my wife,

and i always STARTED with a 4-star, so i never noticed it.

Thanks again. I'll start a new post with the "proper" subject title about my sister's bidding when i get a chance.

later,

dougieieie

As stated in another post, my sister was bidding on this hotel,

so i do not have all the actual information from Priceline,

but have enough to help others out.

My sister's first bid of $69 was rejected on Wednesday, 2/8.

(her friend had gotten a room there at that price thru Priceline two weeks earlier.)

Because of some confusion with the 3-star, 4-star re-bid, *I* made a bid for her at $72 on Thursday.

It was also rejected.

My sister's re-bid (after waiting 72 hours) of $75 was accepted on Saturday, 2/11.

The Marriott at Legacy Town Center

Plano, Texas

3-star hotel

Check-In Date: Sat, Feb 18, 2006

Check-Out Date: Sun, Feb 19, 2006

Offer Price: $75.00

Number of Rooms: 1

Number of Nights: 1

Subtotal: $75.00

Taxes and Service Fees: $19 (est. my sister told me her total was $94)

Total Charges: $94

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]