Priceline Hotel: Recent All Inclusive Experiences for Cancun / Mayan Riviera?

impailer
By impailer,
in

Please share your experiences using Priceline to book an All Inclusive (AI) in Cancun / Mayan Riviera:

1) Did you use the Express Deal or Name Your Own Price option?

2) Which hotel did you get?

3) Any issues with getting the AI for 2 guests?

4) Did you bring any children and if yes, did they make you pay extra for them?

5) Did you end up getting any other resort promotions included, i.e. $1500 resort credit at Palace resorts, etc.

6) Any other tips you can share?

impailer,

Welcome (offiicially) to BetterBidding!

General questions such as your post above (and in your previous post) tend not to do very well on the board, you will likely fair better if you post the details of your own specific trip (dates, budget, star rating, what you need/want in a hotel, etc).  For general inquiries such as 'what have people been winning' use the search function on the top right corner of the board (which works very well, i might add) and/or the board's Hotel Lists.

Are you currently planning a trip to this area?  If so, what are the dates of your stay, your desired star rating, are you traveling with children and/or need more than the default 2adults/0children, etc?

Also, if you have used PRICELINE / HOTWIRE in the 3+ years since joining the board, please begin to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, just as you are hoping to benefit from those who have posted before you.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

Please share your experiences using Priceline to book an All Inclusive (AI) in Cancun / Mayan Riviera:

1) Did you use the Express Deal or Name Your Own Price option?

PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal

2) Which hotel did you get?

Moon Palace 

3) Any issues with getting the AI for 2 guests?

No problems getting the Al for 2. I was worried there would be hidden fees at check-out, but we had absolutely no problems. *see my comment below about the 16% tax on resort credit so your not surprised

4) Did you bring any children and if yes, did they make you pay extra for them?

We didnt bring children. 

5) Did you end up getting any other resort promotions included, i.e. $1500 resort credit at Palace resorts, etc.

They gave us the $1500 resort credit (you pay like a 16% tax on any resort credits you use like any other guests at the Moon Palace).

6) Any other tips you can share?

We absolutely loved it and didnt have any issues. I would recommend booking any of your activities that your going to use the resort credits towards prior to going. Otherwise, you end up at a time share table when you check-in, they try to sign you up for a timeshare tour forever and then help you plan your activities. We booked all of our activities via email to the resort and bypassed the timeshare folks saved us a couple of hours and a headache at check-in. Also, call and request the Sunrise building immediately after booking and a preference for bed type. Dont waste your resort credits on the chef dinner (it was awful a ton of people left early). 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]