Priceline Hotel: 4* Chicago (Millenium-Loop-Grant Park) W Hotel Chicago City Center

BestValue
By BestValue,
in

Over the past 2 weeks using free rebids $45, $55, $65, $75, $85, $95, $105, $115, $125, $135, $141 recieved counter plus $22, bid $148 Win! Hotel website price for this period is $259. This is sure a bad time to bid.

Terrible reviews, small rooms and poor service, see Travel advisor

Your Price Has Been Accepted

Congratulations, you got your price of $148 for a 4-star hotel room.

W Hotel Chicago City Center

Check-In Date: Thursday, June 8, 2006

Check-Out Date: Saturday, June 10, 2006

Millennium Park, Loop & Grant Park Area

172 W Adams

Chicago, Illinois 60603

312-332-1200

Your Offer Price: $148.00

Number of Rooms: 2

Number of Nights: 2

Subtotal: $592.00

Taxes & Service Fees:

$101.82

Total Charges: $693.82

You know, this is one of those times when I don't agree the bad reviews. I'm certainly someone who believes that everyone has the right to their own opinion, but I actually liked this hotel. The staff was especially nice (probably the most genuine and friendly I've encountered in a downtown Chicago hotel, aside from some of the Marriott properties), the room was small (but I knew that going in - it's an old hotel that the W redid; I believe it used to be called the Midland) - but well laid out and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever experienced. I also liked the fact that there was a DVD player in-room to use. Room service food seemed noticably better than the usual, and I've certainly seen more expensive room service in downtown hotels that aren't as nice.

Again, I think people have every right to their opinion, but the only fault I encountered here was that the room was a little dusty in the corners/behind things.

The other thing is that the W Hotels have their own "hip" style, and it's definitely unique. Despite not being in the "target audience", I actually found myself enjoying it. Some people, understandably, won't.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]