Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Northern Virginia (Dulles North IAD - Herndon - Reston) Washington Dulles Airport Marriott

sumaysap
By sumaysap,
in

Okay, so this is my first time using this forum and it was my first time using PRICELINE name your price. I travel quite often and have gotten some good deals using HOTWIRE

I bid $58 for a 3.5* hotel, and got Washington Dulles Airport Marriot immediately. I'm just wondering if I should have bid lower or have chosen a 4* property for that price instead? Your insight into this will help greatly in future.

Thanks.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The issue with bidding is that it is very much a "case-by-case" basis. You have to evaluate rates and traffic for your desired area and dates and then plan out a reasonable bidding strategy given rates. Rates can also change significantly from day-to-day - you may have been able to get this property for slightly less for this night, but a week or day later may be very significantly more expensive.

Definitely let us know when planning your next stay and we would be happy to take a look and offer our thoughts on how to proceed, given rates and inventory for the stay.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Have a great trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]