Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip South) Skylofts at MGM Grand

kdwamc
By kdwamc,
in

Like a few of you have done in the past 24 HRS or so, I booked the "5 Star Boutique Hotel in South Strip T Mobile Arena" at an amazing $75 a night for a Dec. 17-21 stay! What did I end up with?! SKYLOFTS! 

However, my mother-in-law doubted the booking and called the hotel before she jumped in herself. The hotel is NOT honoring these bookings. They said it is up to Hotwire to solve the issue. I just got off the phone with Hotwire who was unable to get in touch with the reservation team handling my reservation due to "time difference" and she advised me to call back tomorrow. I asked what my options were and she said I can either get transferred to another hotel (no thanks) or get my money back. I will call every day until I get my money back. I suggest you do the same! 

Very sorry to hear that the hotel is apparently not going to honor the reservations. 

Can you confirm the amenities that were showing with this listing? This information is available under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account.

If you were going to Vegas anyways during this period, I would suggest hearing the options that HOTWIRE is willing to offer in terms of transferring you to a comparable hotel before deciding that you want your money back.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

23 hours ago, AaronJB said:

If you were going to Vegas anyways during this period, I would suggest hearing the options that HOTWIRE is willing to offer in terms of transferring you to a comparable hotel before deciding that you want your money back.

Agree... in the past, they have made some very generous offers in order to 'right the wrong'.

It may not be the incredible deal of the Skylofts at under $100/nite, but it still could ultimately be a very attractive deal.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I wish you both were right. I tried not once but twice now to contact Hotwire and I've been very kind about the whole thing. Mistakes happen, I get it.

What I do not understand or have time for is poor customer service. I don't have time to sit on hold for hours while continually being passed around by their CS reps who never seem to be in the "right department" to handle my problem. I do not trust that Hotwire would, at this point, offer me a deal I could feel confident in. I have filed a dispute with my credit card company to get the ball rolling because my faith in Hotwire is shot. I see in other threads that we are having varying degrees of success righting this wrong.

Thanks for help, guys!

With your trip 3+ months away i would have sat tight and waited for them to reach out to you and not have tried to chase down an answer 3-4 days after their error.  They are aware of the situation by now and sometimes a resolution, and getting the word out to those who are on the front lines taking the phone calls, can take time.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]