Hotwire Hotel: 5* Las Vegas (Strip South) Skylofts at MGM Grand

broadlands1
By broadlands1,
in

Congrats on your success.

Insane deal for this property! Certainly a price mistake but hopefully you'll be able to stick with the reservation.

If you look under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account, are there any additional amenities beyond the ones noted above? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Hi, was hanging on to my hopes of staying in the Skylofts..sadly not!!! Email from hotwire this morning saying it was a technical error.

It went on...You will now be staying at Bellagio. No asking if i accept or what rank of room or anything just "you will be"

Absolutley gobsmacked at their customer service. Bellagio is not a Boutique hotel nor is it  in the South Strip area but I am supposed to accept!!

What do you think Betterbidding? Wondering if anybody else is getting same email.Thanks for letting me rant.....

I would prefer to have a choice and not be told where i am staying and at least a large upgrade too.Myself and my partner have used Hotwire for many trips to the USA and Europe without any problems ( some goood hotels...some bad). So I would like a hotel nearer in comparison to the one i paid for. Not a lot to ask such a large company. This is their mistake...not mine. They didn't even offer to quash the resort fees...would you be happy?

I see from another bidder that they were offered choice of hotels and got a suite at the Cosmopolitan...that would have been a lot better than what we were offered.

What would you do?

I'd call (or write) HOTWIRE. I'd calmly tell them that you are disappointed, tell them an optimal/realistic scenario that you would like (if you wanted a hotel in South Strip, tell them that you would like a 5* in that zone) and tell them you would greatly appreciate if they could work with you to resolve the situation in a satisfying manner.

Please keep us updated.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just to be clear regarding my previous post, there was negative or sarcastic tone intended in my reply (although i think you may have read a negative tone based upon upon your response)... my objective in asking what property(s) would be a suitable replacement and to see if there would be anyway that we could make a case as to why HOTWIRE should offer you one of the properties that would be suitable for you this trip.

Also, if a suitable option is not achievable, would you prefer to keep the offered Bellagio or to have the reservation canceled/refunded?

If i recall correctly, the previous user who was given a choice of properties had a stay coming up in just a few days, so HOTWIRE was in bit of a scramble to work out a quick solution, with yours (and i'm sure other reservations) the stay is many months away so they had more time to try to reach out to their partner hotels to see who could accept the 'error' reservations.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-09-10 at 3:31 PM, broadlands1 said:

Will do...and thanks very much. I will let you know how i get on.

How did you do? I am waiting to hear back as I am in same boat as you. They are not allowed to change the reservation and arbitration is an option if you are booked far down the road. I emailed the CEO and am now dealing with corporate head office. They have options they are giving me. Just waiting to hear what they are. 

Sorry it took so long to repost but OMG what a nightmare...finally got through to customer services to be told my stay at the Skylofts was confirmed...explained again and they rang me back at 2am (I'm in UK) and I agreed to Bellagio/ Salon Suite/ free parking and $50 in my HOTWIRE account. I asked them to send me a confirmation email/number for the new booking ..NOTHING SENT !!! Phone again to another customer service rep who confirmed again my reservation at the Skylofts!! Many emails later I got a new reservation number from them for the Bellagio. I feel that perhaps could have got a better deal if I stood my ground but they dont make it easy keeping you hanging on the end of a phone playing the worst Muzik in the world!! I shall be phoning the Bellagio before I go just to check everything again and I am happy with the outcome....who wants a Butler anyway! Let me know how you go on.

Sorry to hear that the process wasn't quite as smooth as hoped, but for $162 (+$50 credit, + free parking), I'm seeing a Salon Suite at the Bellagio for $397 on Expedia for these nights, so this is still a really exceptional deal.

Hope you enjoy your stay and have fun in Vegas.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Did your reservation update on your Hotwire account? I am curious to see if it displays your guaranteed suite rather than "bed assigned at check-in." I have been moved to the Bellagio as well without being consulted on an alternative. I do not want to stay there-- older hotel, no free parking, not a boutique hotel and not in the same location as the hotel I originally bid on. I feel like it is appropriate that they offer a suite vs. a standard room because the original hotel booked is obviously on a whole different scale of luxury that cannot be matched by the Bellagio. I will accept the offer IF I can secure a suite and it is guaranteed. If not, I will be following through with my credit card dispute.

kdwamc,

I've been in a Bellagio suite and they are indeed quite nice (although i have never been in the Skylofts so i can't compare).

If your goal with your cc dispute is to get a refund (which i think you would success at) i would suggest first just asking HOTWIRE for a refund on the basis that the hotel is not in the same zone and does not have free parking... i think they will gladly make a refund and cancel the reservation.

Good luck.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I only filed a dispute because every CS rep I spoke to initially was unable to help me after hours on hold and many phone calls. Being forwarded to several departments and being told I needed to call back at this time or call this number, only to call per their instruction and get the same runaround, was frustrating. However, realizing that they had to be very familiar with the error at this point and seeing the posts by others on their resolutions, I tried again at the beginning of this week. Hotwire told me I had been moved to Bellagio. Others have been offered suites and I feel like that is a reasonable substitute to compensate for other inconveniences (ie. location and parking). I don't see why they wouldn't seeing as others have been successful and my stay is during one of the least busy weeks in Vegas in the calendar year (Dec. 17-21) when rooms are relatively cheap. I will not cancel my dispute until resolution happens or a refund has been granted by Hotwire, though.

Hi, no it hasn't updated on my Hotwire account but I do have a confirmation number now. I just explained to CS that if they wanted me to change to the Bellagio they would have to offer me a good deal to change my plans...the thought of not having a personal butler to run my bath/unpack...awful darling!!! I didn't push it too much as I didn't want a refund because I had booked for the weekend days and everywhere is expensive. It is so frustrating though being on the phone to someone that doesn't grasp the situation but I used their email as well and they get back to you quickly.Give them a ring back...Good Luck.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]