Hotwire Hotel: NYC Weekend stay for 10 Year Anniversary Weekend

SJackson
By SJackson,
in

Hey there!  I am new to all of this.  I've never used Hotwire.  Can anyone help our situation?  We would like to stay in the heart of Times Square from 11/25 - 11/27 for our 10 year anniversary.  I would like one of the nicer hotels offered.  My husband and I have never been to NYC so we don't know much about the area.  I would love Westin in Times Square - what are our chances of getting that hotel in a bid?  Budget is around $200/night.  Thank you!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose.  Given how many 4+ star rated hotels there are in the Times Square area, your chances of landing the Westin (which is not seen as a win that often) are low.

If you're trying to target (or avoid) a specific property in the zone then PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE may be a better option as they let you know a little about the hotel (reviews, amenities, etc) and you can often use this information to take a guess as to what it is that is being offered.

I'm very familiar with NYC and my first piece of advice would be to expand your horizons beyond the immediate Times Square.  You do want to stay somewhat centrally located (and even more important easy access to the subway, and ideally multiple subway lines), but it's not necessary to stay directly in Times Square, and i will add that you will likely spend far less time in Times Square then you think.

With the above noted, it's your trip so ultimately it's your decision if you want to expand beyond the Times Square zone, but if not i will add that i'm seeing this:

4.5* Times Square hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $209/nite with:

Business Center
Restaurant
Free Internet
Fitness Center
No Smoking Rooms/Facilities
==> best guess for this property would be The Premier Hotel Times Square.  While not a household name, this hotel does generally get good reviews.

Do you think this will work for your needs, are you willing to consider other zones, or are you only interested in the Westin Times Square.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]