Hotwire Hotel: 5 Star Hotel London For Stay in October

Rufusqueen
By Rufusqueen,
in

Hi.

New to this forum. First time trying out Hotwire but I am still unsure whether it will be a good bargain. I have been to London many times but usually saying at cheaper hotels. I would like to stay in 5 star hotel in London but trying to find the best rates. Prefer living somewhere mayfair / knightsbridge area. Anything walking distance to oxford street and bond street will be good. 

Im staying 

25th October till 29th October 2016

3 people

I tried to search Hotwire. Here are the list of secret hotels after I filter 5 star and sort them by lowest price.  Anyone have any idea which hotels they are going to be?

Maida Vale - Queens Park

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, 1-bedroom suite, Full kitchen, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Air conditioning, Fitness center, Pool(s), Internet access

USD 184

Westminster - Victoria - Big Ben

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Kitchenette

USD 209

Islington - Shoreditch - East London

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access

USD 240

City of London - Towerbridge - St. Pauls Cathedral

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

USD 248

Bloomsbury - St. Pancras Station - British Museum

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

USD253

London Heathrow Airport (LHR) - West

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

USd264

Kensington - Shepherds Bush - Westfield London

FULL AMENITIES: Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

USd270

Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

USD 271

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for hearing impaired, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

USD 305

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Fitness center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

USD310

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet,  Fitness center,  Internet access

USD 325

Chelsea - Knightsbridge - Harrods

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet,  Fitness center,  Internet access

USD333

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Airport shuttle, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

USD333

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Full kitchen, Airport shuttle, Air conditioning, Laundry in room, Business center, 24-hour front desk, Internet access

USD368

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Airport shuttle, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access

USD 381

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access

USD 383

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

USD 409'

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

USD 441

Fulham - Battersea - Chelsea Harbour

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Suite, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility

USD 2210

Hopefully someone can give some tips and clues for the secret hotels I'm hunting in London. Much love! 

Welcome to BetterBidding!

While we're happy to help, researching hotels can be a time consuming process, and even if each hotel above only took 3 minutes (each would likely take much longer) we're looking at over an hour just for your post above, which would not enable us to respond to other users in a timely manner for their own trips.

Using your favorite zones, reviews shown by previous HOTWIRE guests, and your budget, i assume you could somewhat easily whittle the list above down to just a few hotels?  For example the last one... would you really be willing to pay $2210 per nite for a hotel room this trip??  Do most of the zones above meet your criteria of 'living somewhere mayfair / knightsbridge area' (ie- is staying at Heathrow at realistic option for this stay?)

We'll start with the most likely options... given your budget and desired location, which are the top 3-4 that you think meet your criteria?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi

I see your point there.. can we filter the list to his 2 areas:

1, Mayfair - Piccadilly Circus - Soho

2. Chelsea - Knightsbridge - Harrods

What I would like to do is to get the hotel clues and then I want to compare with the best rates of websites and choose the one with best bargain if compared to the normal rate. 

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

USD 406

** Could this be Sofitel ( I tried to compare with the hotwire list here: http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?app=hotel_lists&tid=12693

Is it really a bargain. USD406 sound steep for secret hotel. 

Yes, the Sofitel St James would be my best guess for the HOTWIRE property above.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Dont think so proceeding with hotwire.. as I tried to compare best rate at other booking websites.. the price is almost the same when you consider daily deals / secret deals (but you know the hotel that you are staying at).. so whats the purpose of secret hotel at a bargain?. Unless, there is really a good bargain, Ill stick with paying my bucks at something that I am certain with. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]