Priceline Hotel: x* New York City (???) Hotel Indigo

Vankoover
By Vankoover,
in

I am looking to find a nice hotel at least a decent 3* preferably 4* in NYC for the 15-21st of August.

I would be happy to stay in any of these areas: 

Chelsea

Soho Tribeca

West-Village-Meatpacking NYU

Union Square East Village

I would also be fine with staying some nights in one hotel and some nights in another if that would mean a better price than trying to get all the nights in one hotel.

I am hoping to pay around $150/night

I would appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Adam

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Were you looking to bid on PRICELINE for a hotel in any of the zones above?  If so, at current prices i think you're likely looking at the following price ranges:

3* $140-$155

3.5* 145-$165

4* $150-$165

I don't think you're looking at any significant savings by SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID.

Which star rating would you like to try for first, and give my estimated price ranges above, do you want to increase your maximum bid at all?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks so much for your help. I would be willing to go to the top end of your suggestions if you could give me some idea of which hotels I might get, is that possible?

yes I was planning to go the bidding route as that will get me the lowest price, no?

i am not set on four stars but would rather get the best price/quality combo whatever the star rating. Outdoor pool would be an amazing plus but otherwise just something nice. 

Thanks!

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose... there is no way to target or guess the property you may receive beforehand.  Bidding is usually the least expensive, with PRICELINE EXPRESS costing just a bit more, but with the latter you know a little more about the hotel (amenities, reviews, etc) and can use this information to take a guess as to what it is that you may likely receive. 

So it's a trade-off... the lowest possible price vs. pay a little more and being able to guess the hotel that is being offered.

Pools in NYC are very rare... outdoor pools even more so; i would suggest dropping this criteria, unless you're interested in this 4* Upper West Side hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $157/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

==> best guess here would be the Empire hotel

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes if you take the Upper West Side hotel linked above OR how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your stay... it all depends upon how expected demand (new reservations/cancellations) will come in relative to actual demand.

40 minutes ago, Vankoover said:

Also for the $157 one should I book that or just add Upper West Side to my list and start bidding for 4*?

Again, as per my previous post, how much would you want to target this property (and it would be worth the $157/nite price tag) vs. being willing to accept any hotel in this zone? (NOTE: that this zone does go somewhat further North, which if you were to end up on the northernmost section of the zone, is not that well located for the typical tourist... as well, you would be bidding this zone in hopes of the Empire which has a pool, what if you receive a non-pool property??)

8 hours ago, Vankoover said:

i am not set on four stars but would rather get the best price/quality combo whatever the star rating.

7 hours ago, thereuare said:

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose...

Since we can't have any insight into the hotel that you may receive when bidding, how would we know the 'quality' hotel that you will receive when bidding in order to determine what star rating would be best?

Using the ranges previous posted:

14 hours ago, thereuare said:

3* $140-$155

3.5* 145-$165

4* $150-$165

... would you rather pay an extra $10-$20 for a 4* vs. a 3* hotel? (or try for a 3.5*)

Sorry, one last question as i was reviewing this thread to compile a bidding strategy...

9 hours ago, Vankoover said:

in order of preference:

Chelsea

West Village Meatpacking NYU

Union Square East Village

Soho-Tribeca

Are you willing to pay more to stay in Chelsea vs. West Village vs. Union Square East vs. Soho... or is the goal the least expensive 4* in any of these zones?

Please confirm and we'll advise accordingly.

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TEN re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chelsea, West Village, Union Square East...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* Chelsea, West Village, Soho...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $153, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE..

Select 4* Chelsea, West Village, Union Square East, Soho...

Bid $155, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $158, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $160, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $163, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $168, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $173, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $175, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $178, if rejected add re-bid zone...
Bid $180

If the above is rejected you can take this 4* Chelsea hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $180/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

==> my guess for this offer would be the Hotel Indigo Chelsea New York

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Sorry to hear that you were not successful. Definitely try again using the site's PRICELINE link. After a failed bid, you can try the same bid again after two hours.

Please keep us updated with your progress and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

I see the previous 4* Chelsea hotel from PRICELINE EXPRESS at $180 is no longer available either, but this one is now available for just a $1 more (confirm your dates on the landing page):

4* Chelsea hotel for $181/nite with:

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Free Breakfast

==> The Paul, an Ascend Hotel Collection would be my best guess for this one

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Congratulations on your success and thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming which Hotel Indigo you received (full name and/or address) and if you book this thread PRICELINE bidding, PRICELINE EXPRESS, or HOTWIRE (and if either of the latter two, the amenities that were associated with the property and shown before your purchase)

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]