BOS Boston Midsize Hertz

WilliamK
By WilliamK,
in

Sounds like PRICELINE was having an issue reaching the booking interface to see if your bid price is sufficient to be accepted.  This could be for a variety of reasons... the booking interface could be down, could be going thru a scheduled update, communication error between the two pieces connecting to each other, etc, etc.

Has the issue resolved itself?  What location and dates are you trying to book?

PS- can you please also reply to your Boston Car Rental thread with the name of the rental company that accepted your winning bid.  Thanks!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Used the PRICELINE link to bid and won on first try at $29/day mid-size car out of BOS airport.  Many previous attempts stated "negotiations on hold".  I had not tried again for about a month, but noticed that Costco Travel price had fallen significantly, so thought I'd try again since now closer to the date, perhaps they are finding inventory is too big.  Because of the short time, I started much higher than I would have otherwise at $29/day.  Priceline suggested $31/day.

Pick-up:Wed Aug 3, 2016 - 9:30 AM
Drop-off:Wed Aug 10, 2016 - 6:00 PM
Rental location:
Hertz Corporation
Gen Edward Logan Intl Airport (BOS)
156 Tomahawk Drive 42a, Boston Logan, MA 02128
Car type: Mid-Size Car: Chevrolet Cruze or similar 

Purchase date:    Jul 31, 2016
Payment method:    Priceline Rewards
Deal type:    Name Your Own Price
Daily offer price:    $29.00
Number of days:    8
Taxes & Fees    $134.18
Total charged:    $366.18

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]