Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Maui (Wailea - Makena) Fairmont Kea Lani Maui

JandC
By JandC,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... so how would you bid and target one of the two hotels above while avoiding any of the 4.5 star (or 5 star) hotels in the zone?

I am seeing what i believe to be the Fairmont offered for $380/nite thru HOTWIRE... would this price be worthwhile for you to try to target this specific property OR would you prefer to bid on a 4.5* hotel in this zone within your target of $300/nite?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

7 minutes ago, JandC said:

what do you suppose the hotel would be if I bid $300?

See my previous comment:

2 hours ago, thereuare said:

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid...

You have to make a choice:

1) bid on PRICELINE for the lowest price but not have any guess/insight as to what hotel it is that you may receive

2) go with PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE, pay a little more, but know more about the hotel you will received (amenities, reviews, etc) and potentially use this information to take a guess as to what it is that is being offered

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Okay, maybe $300 won't get me a hotel in Wailea.  I am looking at Kaanapali now.  There is a Priceline express deal for $299 a night.  Hotel details are:

4 Star Hotel in Central Ka'anapali - Lahaina Area for $299/night

Amenities:

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Guest Score 8 out of 10

Is this the Hyatt or Westin? 

Okay, I missed the $380 deal for the Fairmont, tried to book and the price jumped to $462.  Do you think I should wait and check back tomorrow or this weekend?  I am getting nervous, since we are traveling on 8/10.  What do you think is the likelyhood of another deal for the Fairmont.  I decided we really need to stay there, since it is an all suite hotel and we will have our kids with us.

11 minutes ago, JandC said:

and we will have our kids with us.

This is a new wrinkle... please try to include all pertinent information in your original post.

Let's back track...

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. If this is not a risk you're willing to accept,

HOTWIRE would still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)... as well as some hotels giving you the choice of room configuration before your purchase.  Some PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels give a BED CHOICE as well, although technically your reservation is still only for double occupancy, i'm not aware of any issues where anyone was turned away when booking a room that has two beds when showing up with their kids (as long as it's not an all-inclusive resort where there would typically be an extra charge for kids anyway)

For the HOTWIRE hotels are you including 2adults/2children in your search?  If so, how old are your children?

I'm still seeing what i believe to be the Fairmont offered on HOTWIRE for $383/nite when searching for 2adults/2children with the following amenity set:

Resort, Beachfront, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

If you can find this same offer in the HOTWIRE tab at BiddingHelper.com (look for the 4.5/5.0 TA rating, 100% recommendation, 5 total reviews) there is also a BED OPTION provided that allows you to choose 1King and 1SofaBed.

(careful as there is another 4.5* hotel in this zone with a different amenity for about the same price)

Is this the one you saw earlier and is it now book-able?

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you ultimately received the hotel you were hoping for and at the original price you tried to commit at.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us confirm this hotel in the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]