Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Navy Pier - Millennium Park) Hyatt Regency Chicago

Charlee
By Charlee,
in

Hi, first time posting and a Hotwire virgin. Driving to Chicago 8/5, leaving 8/8. This is what I found on Hotwire. I appreciate any and all assistance y'all can offer. 

River North
121.00 4.5 star Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services 95% recommended

141.00 4 star Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 90% recommended

138.00 4 star Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower 65% recommended

MagMile Water Tower
143.00 4.5 star Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 90% recommended

112.00 4 star Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower 85% recommended 90% recommended

128.00 4 star  Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 80% recommended

119.00 3.5 star Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 80% recommended

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Have you tried consulting our Hotwire Hotel List for potential matches?

If you let us know what it is that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip (or specific hotels that you're hoping for), as well as your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees) it would be quicker for us to suggest the best options that meet your criteria than starting our research with seven different hotels.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for the feedback! I did look at the Hotwire list and between Hotwire, Trip Advisor, and the hotel list, I got a bit overwhelmed, but have found some possible matches and re-posted below.

Budget - $140/night or less is what I'd like to shoot for, but will pay more to avoid an icky place. We don't need a luxury hotel by any means. We're used to HI Express, Wingate, & Hampton Inn type hotels. I'd love a bit of charm, but not at the expense of my back in a lumpy, hard bed or doing without A/C. I'm aware parking will be in addition to the room. We'd also like a fridge, but that's not a make-or-break.

Due to such a short stay, I'd rather spend more to stay close to the museums & other sites. We want to do the sunset architecture cruise (possibly Friday night), part of the Field museum, and part of the Art Institute. I can't miss a Rossetti! We haven't decided on the other things we want to see/do, but they'll all be in that same area.

River North
121.00 4.5 star Godfrey or Palomar
Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services 95% recommended

141.00 4 star Dana Hotel & Spa, Hotel Chicago Downtown, Hotel Felix?
Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 90% recommended

138.00 4 star Dana Hotel & Spa, Hotel Chicago Downtown, Hotel Felix?
Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower 65% recommended

MagMile Water Tower
143.00 4.5 star Omni Chicago, W Chicago Lakeshore
Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 90% recommended

112.00 4 star Millennium Knickerbocker, Rafaello, Warwick Allerton, Whitehall (no hotel actually said "self-service laundry")
Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower 85% recommended 90% recommended

128.00 4 star  MileNorth Hotel, Millennium Knickerbocker, Warwick Allerton, Whitehall
Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 80% recommended

119.00 3.5 star Hotel Indigo Gold Coast
Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower 80% recommended

You mentioned museums primarily and not Michigan Ave, so I'd say the potential Indigo is out. Lincoln Park is a great area, but if you did not plan to go to the Zoo, no need to be at the top of the zone basically on the opposite side of downtown from the museum campus. This is not a central location, in other words and while it has some benefits (pleasant walk from here to the Zoo or Old Town), if those are not in the plans, then I wouldn't even consider this.

To kind of go through some of the options that I think are worthwhile based upon what you are looking for:

4.5* Mag Mile-RN $124, Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services

>>> Likely Godfrey. I've stayed here and really liked it a great deal, but I'll note that if you do stay here I'd call to try and avoid staying on a lower floor as the bar (which has a retractable roof) on the 4th floor is not something I'd want to be near in terms of noise. Otherwise, really nice hotel and location couldn't be better - very easy walk to River North nightlife and restaurants.

4* Navy Pier-Millennium Park $90 

Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower

>>> Likely Hyatt on Wacker. This is a giant, vanilla convention hotel (it's the largest hotel in the city), but it's superbly, centrally located.

4* Navy Pier-MP $115 Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

>>> Likely Club Quarter Wacker/Michigan. Would rather you just the Hyatt a block or two away for $25 less.

4* Water Tower $128. Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

>>> Allerton. Great location on Michigan Ave and reviews have improved, but older building and small rooms. I'd rather the Hyatt or Godfrey for less.

4.5* Water Tower $133 Pet friendly, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

>>>??? Not yet ID'd/reported. Would not be the Omni.

4* River North $138 Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower

>>> My guess would be the Felix. I'd much rather suggest its sister property (The Godfrey), which is literally right next door. Or a little under $10 more gets the Ivy, as noted below.

Slightly over budget:

4.5* Water Tower $147 Boutique, Restaurant, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet

>>> Likely the Ivy. This is a newer boutique property in a very small building - very much a boutique with personalized service, as there's only a few rooms per floor. 

I often suggest the suburbs as a cheaper option with free parking if you're driving in, but the savings on rates are really not that much (it becomes whether the trip to/from downtown is worth the savings), so I'd rather suggest staying downtown in this case.

The prices that I note above may be slightly different than what you see.

Personally, this is my view, based on what I'm seeing:

If you just want a place to sleep that's centrally located and are going to be out much of the day: I'd take the potential Hyatt for $90.

If you want a more boutique property with more personalized service and style, not to mention a lot of restaurants and nightlife nearby, I'd go with the potential Godfrey although you risk being near the bar - I'd call ahead and say something like you'd really appreciate if there was any way that you could get a room on a high floor or something like that.

Let me know if you have any hotel (or city, as I'm very familiar with Chicago) questions before booking. Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Hi guys,

Thanks again for your help. I think we've made our choice and will go with what I believe is the Hyatt Regency Chicago on Wacker - ?

4* $106 Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

We hope to do a river cruise Friday evening, then the Field Museum & Art Institute Saturday, and Chicago Magic Lounge that night. Sunday, the Hancock bldg, Millennium Park, the Driehaus museum, and a blues club that night - Kingston Mines or Rosa's Lounge? Maybe swap a couple of those things to Saturday and do part of the Art Institute Sunday. We'll have some time on Monday as well - it's about an 8 hour drive back home. 

Do I post the end result in this post or begin a new one with a more appropriate topic title?

7 hours ago, Charlee said:

Do I post the end result in this post or begin a new one with a more appropriate topic title?

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

$65 sounds in the 'right ballpark' for hotel parking, but assuming you don't need in/out privileges you can likely find cheaper parking elsewhere in the city (drop your bags at the hotel and have one member of your party check-in while the other goes to park the car off-site... at the end of your trip do the same in reverse)

Good luck and let us know what you ultimately end up with.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you go for the Hyatt on Wacker, you can park at the Millennium Park or Grant Park lots, which are not cheap either (I think around $30-35+ city tax), but at least better than the $60-70 or higher at most city hotels. Additionally, those lots are a pretty easy walk from the hotel.

Thank you for keeping us updated on what you decide and let us know if you have additional city or hotel questions.

TINY list of amenities:

Fitness center

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Very pleased with the price and hotel! Thanks so much for your help. We're planning a West coast trip this fall and I will be pestering you again. There are a couple of garages close to the hotel for $20-25 less per night. We won't use the car while in town, so that's at least a night out's worth of savings. ;-)

Congrats on your success.

I think you made the right choice. If you're going to be in Chicago and out much of the day, this is a very central location to see the city and under $100's a great deal for the Summer. Please let us know if you have any city questions as I'd be happy to offer recommendations/directions.

If you look under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account, are there any additional amenities showing beyond the ones noted above? Thanks.

We look forward to helping with the West coast trip - definitely let us know when you start planning and we'd be happy to help research.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]