Priceline Hotel: 4* Austin (Downtown) Omni Austin Hotel Downtown

LVI
By LVI,
in

There are two properties in Austin for the dates 7/26-7/28 that I am looking at.  The first is fairly simple to tab as the AT&T Hotel @ $120 a night (FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services) plus when I pull up Hotwire the last winning bidder won this.  However, this in the one that I'm a little perplexed about.  It is also a 4* @ $140 a night and this is the amenity list:  FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Internet access, Spa services, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible.  It seems like this may be the W Austin Hotel but on the Hotwire Hotel Lists it is listed as a 4.5* hotel.  Do you know if it could have been downgraded to a 4* and if so would you recommend the W Hotel or the AT&T Hotel?  Thank you very much for your help in advance!

Note that the "Last person got __" information shown by HOTWIRE is relative to the last person who bought a hotel in the zone at the same star rating... not necessarily in relation to the specific description of the property currently being offered.

With the above noted, my best guess/comments for each:

4* Downtown for $120/nite

==> Hilton Austin

4* Downtown for $140/nite

==> not certain, but my guess here would be the Hotel Ella, Hotel Van Zandt, South Congress, or the Westin Downtown

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

PS- can you please follow-up your previous Hotwire NYC hotel thread with whatever you decided to do for that trip, as well as your Las Vegas Hotwire hotel thread if any decision or update has been made in regards to that trip.  Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I have replied to the other two posts.

I will book last minute for my Texas trip (going to Dallas too).  Prices will fall as I get closer so will take advantage then.  Many thanks for help and I will make sure to report back and use link!

LVI,

While we're happy to help, please don't ask for hotel identifications until you are ready to purchase and commit to the trip at current prices.

Researching hotels can be a time consuming process, and the hotels (and rates) currently offered may not be the ones available once you're ready to move forward.  Only researching hotels for plans that are firm and ready to move forward is a more efficient use of our time and helps us reply to everyone in a timely manner (so that their trips can be purchased before the offer disappears)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The only concern that I have is that if these are busy dates, rates that seem high now have the risk of becoming worse as prices definitely do not always decline as the dates get closer.

What range are you looking for in terms of "acceptable rates"? Let us know more about what you are looking for and we can then also make suggestions if we see anything while researching.

Before I started my search I checked to see if there were any events that would make this a busy time in Dallas.  I also have a friend that lives in the Dallas area and asked him to check.  Indeed, it is NOT a busy time in Dallas (historically late July and early August are slow for the city, according to my friend).  But I do agree prices fluctuate and nothing is set in stone.  For cars especially.  

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so today we are booking hotels (and yes I am using the links ;-))

So here are the choices:

Dallas 4* 7/28-31:

$139.00  FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Children's activities

and

$100.00  FULL AMENITIES: Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center

As for Austin 7/26-28:

$112  FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

and

$160  FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Indoor pool(s), Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Thank you again for all of your invaluable help!!!  

Please use this thread for your Austin trip and feel free to start a NEW TOPIC for your Dallas stay.  This makes it easier to follow, keep the dates of each stay straight, and we can use the topic title of each thread to reflect what was ultimately done for the stay (which in turn automatically adds a link to the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins)

For Austin, assuming there are in the Dowtnown - Town Lake zone:

I'm seeing a $112/nite hotel offered in this zone but different amenities than what you have posted above, the one i'm current seeing has:

Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet

--> are you still seeing the previous amenity set you listed OR the one i have included above?  If you're still seeing the previous one, are you searching for something other than the default 1room/2adults/0children?

For the $169/nite this looks to be the InterContinental Stephen F. Austin with the addition of a new Boutique amenity.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

So I am still seeing the amenity set for the $112 in the Dowtnown - Town Lake zone hotel as:  FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services.  AT&T center?

The $169 hotel now down to $151.  Booking these shortly.  

Thank you!

I'm seeing a 4* for $112 in the Downtown area when searching for 2 adults w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Pet Friendly.

==>> The Hilton has been seen with this amenity set previously, so that would be a guess in this case.

Please keep us updated on what you decide and let us know if we can be of any further assistance.

Ok, so used the PRICELINE link for this one along with the hotel lists to narrow down hotel to Omni Austin.  PRICELINE EXPRESS for $117 a night.  

Thank you all for your invaluable help.  Between Omni Dallas and Austin we are very happy with our "wins"!

Guaranteed Amenities:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]