Priceline Hotel: Priceline name your own price

ajlewis
By ajlewis,
in

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

1 hour ago, ajlewis said:

I just really want to make sure I'm on the strip

If you look at the PRICELINE's Strip South zone are you willing to accept a hotel anywhere within the shaded boundaries of the zone?

1 hour ago, ajlewis said:

I would like to pay between $70 and $80 a night

Once we have confirmed that you can accept a hotel anywhere within the Strip South zone we can suggest a strategy for you to follow for any amount that you'd like, but at current rates you're more likely looking at $80-$100/nite.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts/questions and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Bidding a 4* hotel in the Strip South zone i think will likely land you a hotel on the strip... but is not guaranteed.

If you're ready to begin bidding i would try as follows:

When bidding 4* in Las Vegas you have SIX re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1 is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4* Strip South...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...
Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone2...
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone3...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone4...
Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone5...
Bid $85, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* Strip South and re-bid zone6...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone1...
Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone2...
Bid $93, if rejected add re-bid zone3...
Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone4...
Bid $98, if rejected add re-bid zone5...

Bid $100

Any questions feel free to ask (especially confirming your re-bid zones if you're unsure or new to the subject)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If I'm right I think my 6 re-bid zones are:

Boulder City Zone1

Boulder Strip Zone2

Henderson Zone5

Las Vegas South Zone8

Nellis Las Vegas Speedway Zone13

North Las Vegas Zone14

This is the only part I don't understand: (NOTE: 're-bid zone1 is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Yes, you have your re-bid zones correct.

22 minutes ago, ajlewis said:

This is the only part I don't understand: (NOTE: 're-bid zone1 is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

This was to clarify that when we say 're-bid zone3' it is the 3rd re-bid zone in YOUR LIST above (Henderson Zone) and not the 3rd zone that appears on the PRICELINE bidding page (Downtown Las Vegas - Fremont Street Area... which is the 3rd zone listed by priceline but is not a re-bid zone at all)

Does that make it clear?

Good luck and let us know how it goes (or feel free to ask any additional questions if you're unsure)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]