Hotwire Hotel: 5* Chicago (Magnificent Mile - Water Tower) Waldorf Astoria Chicago

newttom
By newttom,
in

Planning a trip to Chicago around a wedding in Wisconsin, so we will be in Chicago before and after the Saturday Wedding. Would prefer to stay one night at the  Langham in the historic Van der Roe former IBM Buiding, and the other night hopefully at the Intercontinental with its beautiful Indoor Pool or perhaps the Fairmont. But I would like to stay within $500 for the two disparate nights. I will make a similar request in 4 different Topics 9/16-17 Hotwire; 9/16-17 Priceline  Express; 9/18-19 Hotwire; and 9/18-19 Priceline Express. Thank you for your help. 

MM/Water 5* 100% (Probably) Langham $286:

Free Internet,

Indoor pool(s),

Smoke-free rooms,

Fitness center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business center,

Internet access,

Spa services

?? MM/Water 85% 4.5* $106:

Pet friendly,

Smoke-free rooms,

Fitness center,

Restaurant(s),

Business center,

Internet access,

Spa services,

Accessible for visually impaired,

Accessible for hearing impaired,

Accessible path of travel,

In-room accessibility,

Wheelchair accessible,

Accessible bathroom,

Roll-in showerRoll-in shower

?? DwnTwb/MP 85% 4.5* $162:

Pet friendly,

Indoor pool(s),

Smoke-free rooms,

Fitness center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business center,

Self-service laundry,

Internet access,

Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility,

Accessible bathroom,

Accessible parking,

Roll-in shower

?? DwnTwn/RN 95% 4.5* $99:

BOUTIQUE

Free Internet,

Pet friendly,

Boutique hotel,

Fitness center,

Restaurant(s),

Business center,

Internet access,

Spa services,

Accessible path of travel,

In-room accessibility,

Accessible bathroom,

Accessible parking,

Roll-in shower

Planning a trip to Chicago around a wedding in Wisconsin, so we will be in Chicago before and after the Saturday Wedding. Would prefer to stay one night at the  Langham in the historic Van der Roe former IBM Buiding, and the other night hopefully at the Intercontinental with its beautiful Indoor Pool or perhaps the Fairmont. But I would like to stay within $500 for the two disparate nights. I will make a similar request in 4 different Topics 9/16-17 Hotwire; 9/16-17 Priceline  Express; 9/18-19 Hotwire; and 9/18-19 Priceline Express. Thank you for your help. 

MM/GC 9/10 5* ?? $284:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Fitness Center

?? MM/GC 8/10 4.5* $110:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

?? DwnTwn/RN 8/10 4.5* $98:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Restaurant

Free Internet

Fitness Center

10 minutes ago, thereuare said:

I don't see how you will be able to get 2 of the 3 hotels you listed above for under $500 for two nites (but i think you could do the Langham and the Palomar for $490 before taxes/fees, if that would be of any interest)

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...

Won Waldorf Astoria for $280 on HOTWIRE

FULL AMENITIES:

Free Internet,

Indoor pool(s),

Smoke-free rooms,

Fitness center,

Pool(s),

Restaurant(s),

Business center,

Internet access,

Spa services

I am not disappointed though I was hoping for the Langham. In retrospect, these hotels seem to have similar if not identical amenities. The defining difference for now is that the W-A is 95% recommended and the Langham is 100%. Looking at detailed customer comments it is clear what is the Langham because it is in a 50's historic modern international style skyscraper with floor to ceiling windows that are frequently mentioned. 

Also for this trip I booked the Hilton LondonHouse for $240 for the 9/16-17 portion of my trip. I can't imagine 6 weeks out that I'll do better than that. I pretty much did get my goal of $500. Of course fees add up.

Thank you.

Congratulations on your success!

While perhaps not your first choice of hotel in the zone, glad to see you're quite pleased with the results and looking forward to your trip.  The Trump also uses this amenity set so you can add that as another possibility for this star rating/amenity combination.  NOTE that the percent recommended is usually a pool indicator of identifying a hotel as we have often seen the same hotel change numbers from one search to the next, so while you may be able to use this information if one hotel has really good reviews (90%) vs. a hotel that really poor reviews (50%)... but i would not try to use this to determine two hotels that have a 5% difference in satisfaction rating.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add the new amenity set for this property to the Hotwire Hotel List.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]