Priceline Hotel: NYC Hotel Bid Help

travellingdoodle
By travellingdoodle,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Rates are date specific... what are the actual dates of your trip?

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better?

Which zones are acceptable?  What is your maximum bid for this trip (we'll use this to help determine a starting point)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

Which zones are acceptable?

To avoid any confusion please let us know the zones, my PRICELINE name, that you're willing to accept. (if you're unfamiliar with NYC let us know your plans this trip (just general tourist visiting the sites, business meetings at a certain location, etc) and we'll be able to offer some suggestions)

1 hour ago, thereuare said:

What is your maximum bid for this trip (we'll use this to help determine a starting point)

???

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread. Once you win a hotel, use the 'ADD REPLY and REPORT WIN' button on the upper right corner of the page to edit the topic title to reflect your win and to provide the details of your purchase. This helps keep the board better organized by reducing the number of unresolved threads that don't have any follow-up or conclusion.

Also, please post to the board in US Dollars as it makes all prices consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

As i often tell those visiting the city, you will spend far less time in Times Square than you think... it is a central point in the city so it is a convenient (albeit very crowded) place to stay, but there are other equally acceptable locations as well.  Ideally you want to be near one or more subway stations so that you can easily get to other parts of the city.

For help with the 4* Rockefeller hotel above please use the EASY VIEW TAB at BiddingHelper.com and list the full amenity set associated with that property (using the GREEN 'See All Amenities' button) as well as the room rate in USD.

Some of what i'm seeing:

W New York for $168/nite - rooms are small but the location is good with a 10 minute walk to Time Square and two different subway stations (each serving a different part of the city) within a 4 block radius.  You're not in the middle of it all, but should be able to access everything relatively easily, and is a good value at this price, imo.

Club Quarters Grand Central / Hotel Boutique At Grand Central for $189/nite - just down the block form the W New York but this one is a little better reviewed, however i like the location of the W better as it gives you easier access to the west side thru the E and/or M train.

Le Parker Meridien New York for $208/nite - more expensive than the others but higher star rated and a higher end hotel (if you wanted to spend the extra money for something nicer)

I think any of the above would make a good choice OR you could choose to bid on PRICELINE where you could receive any hotel in the zone and it may or may not be as well located or as well reviewed then what you choose above.  If you decide to go this route we can suggest zones and a bidding strategy to follow, but i thought i would start with the above as they are all within your budget and you may want to 'choose' (assuming our guess is correct) something with good reviews/location.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

1 hour ago, travellingdoodle said:

my last bid of $155 was rejected for zone 1 (Broadway Times Square) 3 1/2-4* 

There is no 'Broadway Times Square' zone on PRICELINE, to avoid confusion please use the same zone names that are used by PRICELINE.

Is Times Square-Theatre District the only zone that you're willing to accept in light of my comment above that you will likely spend far less time here than you think?  At current rates my guess is that  you will likely need to be around the $200 mark to be successful for a 3.5* or better in the Times Square zone.

No interest in any of the other hotel options i listed above?

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]