Hotwire Hotel: 3* San Diego (Downtown - Little Italy) Urban Boutique Hotel

elsie.nguyen
By elsie.nguyen,
in

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us add this property to the Hotwire Sydney hotel.

HOTWIRE (and PRICELINE) both have a Best Price Guarantee so if you have found a lower room rate (before taxes/fees) for less at this same hotel for these dates you could submit a claim and get a refund for the difference.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Yes I used HOTWIRE link from betterbidding to start my booking.

I called Hotwire and they said I have to submit claims online via the account, but when I followed their instructions there was no button "Refund request" (like they said) to click. Then they carried on to say that the system had problem, try again later. I think it's just the "excuse". After 24 hours window of Low price guarantee, they will just go back on their words...

thanks.hotwire

It's up to you if you want to pursue the Best Rate Guarantee with HOTWIRE... they should have a record of your original call, and if the button they indicated is not present, i would:

1) ask the agent to verify the price found elsewhere and mark it in the notes of your account

2) tell the rep you don't have internet access within the next 24 hours and to speak to the department that can process the request

Good luck if you do pursue it... if not, have a great time in San Diego.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

I had a bizarre experience with HOTWIRE. I called back after some hours (still within 24hour window), this time the hotwire agent helped to check to see the lower rate (I wonder why the first agent never did that and just asked me to wait. Lazy?). However, she ended up saying she couldn't find the cheaper rate I was talking about and the hotel was sold-out. I was like "What!!!!" and tried to explain that a few hours ago it was still there, I even saved the page as a proof. But she got annoyed and said that the rate wasn't there and there was nothing she could do. I felt cheated and stupid then. Anyway, after I hang up, I checked again (I was outside with no laptop, so I couldn't call and browse Internet at the same time) and THE CHEAPER RATE WAS STILL THERE!!! I was like "What!!!" the 2nd time. I had to call back, went through all the "press 1 press 2 and wait for available agent" process again. Thankfully, this time I managed to speak with a proper agent who knew what she was doing and processed the refund for me immediately. I received a refund email stating the refund will be within 10 biz days into my credit card. Hope it will go smoothly now.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]