Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Cincinnati (Downtown - Riverfront) Millennium Hotel

nsxtasy
By nsxtasy,
in

I had been doing research and was quite sure that I would get the Millennium, and I was right.  I was actually trying to avoid the Millennium, because reviews are mixed (e.g. 2.5 on TripAdvisor).  If you bid on Priceline, their 3* and up categories all guarantee user ratings of 8 or higher, and I knew this was not true of the Millennium, so I tried bidding there.  But my highest Priceline bid of $94/night for a 3* downtown hotel was declined, so clearly it would cost a lot more to get a hotel there.  (Note, Priceline also has a 3* PRICELINE EXPRESS deal for $83/night that doesn't say anything about its user rating and is also almost certainly the Millennium.)   There were a few reviews of the Millennium posted on TripAdvisor within the past few days that were decent, so I decided to go with Hotwire.  I will try to post my own review here after my stay.

Amenities guaranteed before they revealed the name of the hotel:

• Business center
  • Fitness center
  • Internet access
  • Pet friendly
  • Pool(s)
  • Restaurant(s)
  • Self-service laundry
  • Accessible for visually impaired
  • Accessible for hearing impaired
  • 55% would recommend it

Congrats on your success.

Not a bad price for this property and glad you are satisfied with the result. Posting reviews after the stay is greatly appreciated. Hopefully the property will exceed expectations.

Can you confirm if the complete list of amenities as showing under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account is: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower? Thanks.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

17 hours ago, AaronJB said:

Can you confirm if the complete list of amenities as showing under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account is: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower?

Yes, that's correct.

• 1 month later...

I promised to post a review after my stay, so here it is.

There was one problem with my stay here, but it was a HUGE one.  At most hotels, when guests check out of their rooms, the rooms become available to newly-arriving guests as soon as they are cleaned by housekeeping.  If you arrive sooner than the stated check-in time, most hotels let you check in, as long as a room of the type you reserved is available; occasionally such a room is not available, but usually they do.

That's NOT what the Millennium does.  At the Millennium, check-in time is 4:00 p.m. and they will not check anyone in before then.  As a result, instead of arrivals being spread out over the course of the day, everyone lines up at 4:00 p.m.  And the number of guests lining up for the 3-4 check-in clerks can be huge, since the hotel has 872 rooms.  I arrived on a Saturday at 3:55 p.m. and was the 25th person in line.  (Yes, I counted.)  It took twenty minutes wait until I was checked in.  At that point - 4:15 p.m. - the line extended all the way from the check-in desk on the Sixth Street end of the building, to the elevators for the south tower, near the Fifth Street entrance.  At that point, SEVENTY-NINE PEOPLE WERE WAITING IN LINE TO CHECK IN, SO THE WAIT WAS AN HOUR.  This was absolutely unconscionable.  And it would be so easy to fix, too, by letting people check in earlier, as soon as rooms become available.

I didn't experience any other problems.  However, I didn't arrive by car, and some of those who did, reported that the parking garage was full - yes, in the middle of the afternoon.  The room itself was okay, perhaps a bit cramped but nicely furnished, clean and comfortable.  The wifi worked.  There were no premium channels on the television, though.  The location, in the middle of downtown Cincinnati, was very convenient.  Bottom line, if you arrive in the evening, you might find your stay at the Millennium Hotel to be quite pleasant.  But if you arrive in the afternoon, you will hate this hotel before you even get to your room.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]