Priceline Hotel: 4* double tree by hilton Victoria, London

Seungeun
By Seungeun,
in

Hello, Im going to London from July 10th to July 15th.

I very like Double tree by Hilton Victoria in London and I want to stay there.

I read winning reports and people win the bidding at 95~135$.

But the reports were written a few years ago, So I wonder if this hotel 'Double Tree in Victoria' is still available in the Priceline bidding.

How can I win the bidding? Please Help me. Should I choose the region of Victoria? what if I choose 5* hotel in victoria?

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Bidding on PRICELINE is usually the cheapest way to book, but you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose... you can't bid on a specific property.  If you're trying to target a specific hotel then PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE may be slightly more expensive, but a better option as you can often take an educated guess as to what property it is that may be offered.

If this is the Doubletree Victoria you are referring to it is located within PRICELINE's "Westminster - Houses of Parliament - Victoria" zone.

Is this the only hotel you're willing to accept for this trip OR are you open to a different 4* hotel in this zone?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for reply. I prefer Double tree hotel because the brand is quite better than other 4 star hotels.

I have not found that someone win this hotel thru PRICELINE in recent reports.

1. Is this hotel still available in Priceline?

2. I heard the quality of hotel lists in Priceline are not good than the past.

And more questions. 3. When is more successful in a day? I searched for it in FAQ board but I cannot find. Please let me know.

4. And is it possible to make a reservation of 4star or more london hotel (not far from central, like a mayfair/soho/westminster/harrods/) within 60~110$ per day.

5. Is it good chance to bid 2weeks before the day of trip or is it better to bid 2months before the day?

6. And is July hot season in London to travel? Is it more difficult to bid than any other seasons?

Answer the questions in detail please. Thank you very much.

Don't make this more complicate than it should be...

There is no better/worse time of day to place your bids.  It all comes down to supply vs. demand.  If hotels have more reservations on the books and receive fewer cancellations than what they expect this far ahead of check-i then rates more higher... if they have fewer reservations on the books and receive more cancellations then rates could go down.  This is why rates are date specific and you can't necessarily replicate another user's winning bid if demand for your dates is different then when a user won for a different set of dates.

Rates for your dates at the Doubletree Victoria (your dates are included in this link, always double check on the landing page, but this link can give you a constant update as to prices for your dates above) start at $328/nite... so a win in the $95-$135 range does not seem like a high probability bet.

I do see what i believe to be the Doubletree Victoria for $271/nite for your dates thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, which is still a $50/nite discount, but a far cry from the expected budget you posted above.  So...

Are you willing to pay $271/nite for what we believe to be the Doubletree that you are looking for?  If not, how much are you willing to pay for a 4* hotel in this zone? (and are any other zones acceptable)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]