Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Tampa (Westshore-Tampa Airport TPA) Quorum

crisp1
By crisp1,
in

I thought I was all finished booking the Doubletree in Tampa on hotwire. All my information was taken, credit card etc. even went thru the verasign process, then bam, the hotel was no longer available for my date. What's up with that. Did I book at the wrong minute/day? when hotels pull inventory off the market.

Another unrelated, but important question. After bidding and getting rejected by priceline thru savingsbarn :) , and a counter offer is sent to you by email, if you click on the link and accept the offer, does the site get it's 'support'? :)

I've had that happen also with Hotwire. But eventually I did get the hotel, after trying at different times (finally I tried late at night). Hotwire had a nonsensical explanation when I asked what was going on. One possibility is that the hotel reservation system is down, I think. You could email and ask anyway.

I think in response to your second question, that the click for the winning bid has to be through SavingsBarn.com and if you click through the email, there's no affiliate payback.

One of the customer comments refered to "the hotel was recently renovated" and the Doubletree is currenlty undergoing rennovations... not sure if this confirms or refutes the above being the Doubletree.

I'd guess that this is indeed the Doubletree, as Customer Favorite designations seem to come and go, but can't be 100% confident in that guess. What makes me aprehenisve is the "retail" price that Hotwire shows, only $95... i don't think you'll find the Doubletree for near that price anywhere!

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I actually tried almost daily to purchase this property over the past week. Each time the procedure went as far as the last stage and then I would get a message stating that the property was no longer available. After several attempts, I even tried doing it direct without savingsbarn :) , thinking that there might be a problem there ( see related topic in general questions board). I emailed and called Hotwire support and was told each time that the 'partners' sometime don't bother to update the information, so it shows as available. It still shows as available today.

I also agree that the retail seems rather low for that date. The lowest price that I've found for the Doubletree is $139. Now you have me wondering what hotel it might be, and maybe I should wait until something else shows up. I also put bids in on Priceline for 4* for $55 and rebid for 3* for this date and was rejected.

This hotel just showed up on Hotwire for our April 8th one night pre-cruise stay.

Customer favorite. Amenities: Shuttle, restuarant, pool, fitness, hi-speed internet, business, laundry. By the description, I think it's the Quorum. But with 3.5* and the customer favorite, I'm not sure.

Sorry about the multiple threads, this has been frustrating. I spent some time on the phone with hotwire about the problem with the first hotel. They were very pleasant but unable to book it for me. the same thing happened during the final booking process.

Tampa Westshore 3.5* Quorum 4/8/06 $97 +$17.23 taxes and fees

Amenities: customer favorite, shuttle, restaurant, pool, fitness, hi-speed internet, business, laundry

Formerly a 4* hotel, amenities that have been added are customer favorite, and hi-speed internet. I once again went through the process of booking the 3* Westport ( amenities showed that it should have been the Doubletree) and once again at the last step of booking was told that this hotel was no longer available. As I mentioned in previous posts I called, emailed and had Hotwire try and do the booking over the phone with the same results ( the Doubltree was showing $70 + taxes).

When the Quorum showed up available for my pre cruise stay, my initial thought was to go with it anyway. So maybe fate has pushed me in this direction for a reason :) And, Yes, as all good campers should do, I used the link at Savingsbarn :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]