Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* San Antonio (San Antonio Riverwalk) Sheraton Gunter Hunter

KFinTX
By KFinTX,
in

I scored this hotel Friday afternoon for a stay that night. The price was insanely low as there was a convention at the Alamodome.  I'm sorry that I didn't capture the exact description that Hotwire gave on the bidding screen, but this is what shows up on my account information for hotel details:

(Please note: I believe the phrase "boutique hotel" was part of the bidding title for this hotel, but I was exhausted by the time I made the reservation & failed to get a screen cap)

Amenities 

Pet friendly

Boutique hotel

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business center

Internet access

Interesting point: I was at the convention in San Antonio, adrift without a hotel because the person I was rooming with & who had made a hotel reservation under her name, failed to show up. So another friend told me he had won the Gunter Hotel on Hotwire for "about $95."  I used HOTWIRE and we looked for a hotel with the same star rating & price as what he had paid two days' prior. Voila! Sheraton Gunter.

There is valet parking for at least $30 at the hotel. Parking nearby is a lot cheaper.  The basic internet level is free, but if you have a Starwoods Preferred guest account, you can get the super-duper internet for free.

I had breakfast at the hotel & it was served quickly & efficiently. There is a Starbucks across the street & other restaurants nearby.  If you're attending a show at the Majestic, this is the place to stay as it is across the street from the theatre.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see HOTWIRE came thru for you when you were in a bind and that you scored a great deal at the last minute.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board and helping us update the Hotwire Hotel List with the new star rating for this property.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]