Priceline Hotel: help on seattle airport hotels?

bailey06
By bailey06,
in

Hi All,

I'm new to Priceline (have successfully used it just once) and now am trying hotels for a different city - Seattle. I need a hotel near the airport, and hopefully one with free parking for many nights so I can park there while I'm on my trip. It seems like there are some hotels in the 2.5 star category that offer this.

I know I can't guarantee a certain hotel but still would love a) help in creating strategy for bidding for 2.5 star hotels near Sea-Tac and :) any advice for park n fly lots near Sea-Tac if I can't find a hotel with free long-term parking? The date I need is Jun 27.

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

What is your maximum bid for this stay? Keep in mind that the star rating you select is the minimum you are willing to accept, and in this area, there is a very good chance of being upgraded to a 3* property when you bid 2.5*.

Do you know which hotels in particular allow you to leave your car during your trip?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes the hotels that allow me to leave the car are 2.5 star hotels - but not all of them: Hilton Garden Inn Seattle/Renton, Hawthorn Suites Seattle-Kent, Silver Cloud Inn, Renton. The 3 star hotels have free parking but it seems like it's just for the time I'm staying there. (Not sure if I could upgrade later by paying them something to leave my car there if I get a 3 star hotel on Priceline?)

It seems like the 3 star hotels are going for $37-$45, based on the posts on this site, so for a 2.5 or 3 star I'm hoping that $45 would be my max price.

Given so much time before your stay, i would try the following.

At the 2.5* level you have one re-bid zone available. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 2.5* Airport...

Bid $23, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $26, if rejected wait it out 72 hours then try...

Select 2.5* Airport...

Bid $28, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $31.

The above should hopefully keep you out of being upgraded to a 3* property.

Give the above a shot and let us know how it goes, we'll take it from there. Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Sea-Tac probably has the most diverse parking options among all US airports. Most motels in cities of SEA-TAC, Tukwila, Renton and Kent offer airport parking. However, most will not offer free parking with discounted room rates, you need to reserve under a parking package. Therefore I doubt that they will give you free parking if you go in with a Priceline reservation.

If type in SEA-Tac Airport Parking in Google, you'll see lots of choices for airport parking. Actually, this route work for most airports.

• 4 weeks later...

I've now tried up to $58 for Seattle airport area hotels, at the 2.5 star level. Used the University of Washington/Northgate zone as a free-rebid. The date I want is June 27 - just one night. Have been trying this for weeks! Will post again when I'm successful.

Is anyone else noticing that Priceline is emailing you after a full day has passed, asking you to try to the same bid again? I thought we were supposed to wait 72 hours?

We did this in Feb. when we needed parking for 10 days. My experiece was that hotels that offered free parking did so for 7 days max AND you had to buy the 'hotel package'. Another issue ws secured parking. Some of the 2 and 1 stars do not have secure parking - any parking with fencing. The ones with the reasonably priced packages turned out to be less deisreable places OR charged $10-13. day for over 7 days. In the end, we got a hotel on priceline and booked (via web) secured parking seperately(park and jet I think) for $6. or so a day. The price was about the same but we got a much better place to stay for the same money. Depending on when your flight is, Northgate may NOT be the place to stay. Morning/evening traffiic is very heavy. We had a noon flight won a dbd at Lynwood Marriott Courtyard. It was in the same general area as Northgate but our flight was at noon, hence we could drive to the airport after rush hour travel was over. ALso found a huge vairance in airport parking rates and many had on line coupons.

Yes, I have received E-mail (this week) invitating me to re-bid after one day. There was no taker for my second bid (in No. Carolina) either. However, my third try was accepted on Thursday for a Saturday stay. I believe that hotels do not want to give rooms away too far in advance.

I bid on SeaTac airport hotels frequently. The general price range I get is $40 - $50/night for 3* hotels (Doubletree, Hilton, Hoilday Inn, Marriott) in the immediate SeaTac area (i.e., within 4 or 5 blocks of SeaTac.) Hotels in Renton and Kent will be MUCH farther away, I wouldn't put them in the airport hotel caregory at all. As was mentioned earlier, rush hour traffic may be an issue depending on the time of your flight.

If you're planning to leave your car at the hotel, the Renton and Kent hotels may not not have an airport shuttle. In addition, it's been my experience that airport hotels in the immediate SeaTac area do not offer free parking, especially on Priceline rates. You can get discount coupons online (do the Google search recommended above), but expect to pay $9 - $12/day for parking near the airport. I think it's going to be a trade-off for you, close to the airport and pay for secure parking, or farther away and find free unsecure parking but possibly no shuttle so you'll have to take a cab to the airport.

Finally, bidding in February and March on a hotel you're going to stay at in June is not a particularly good strategy. You'll have much better luck if you wait to within 30 days of your trip. Have you checked Hotwire to get an idea of prices that might be available? Do you have a back-up in case Priceline doesn't come through for you? There's a Holiday Inn Express near SeaTac that has a shuttle and usually has pretty good rates. Good Luck.

Alaska MVP Gold/AA Platinum/HHonors Gold/Marriott Silver/Priority Club Gold/Priceline Addict

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]