Priceline Deal for Car Rental at Denver Intl Airport

Lalita
By Lalita,
in

Hi,

Does anyone have experience with a car rental on Priceline. I am getting a good deal on a minivan rental for 5 days at $556 at Denver Intl Airport. It says "Dodge Caravan or similar". We are 7 people in the party and I need to ensure that I get something that actually seats 7 people. If I pay for the deal that I see am I guaranteed the type of car (minimvan) ? Or will I be stuck with a small economy car and then wont have enough seating ? What I mean to say is does Priceline actually give you a minimvan if you are supposedly paying for one ?

Thanks

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Is this thru the Name Your Own Price bidding side of PRICELINE or on the 'retail' side where the price is shown to you? (you didn't include the dates of your rental so i was unable to check/compare on my own)

Please confirm the dates of your rental and thru which part of PRICELINE's service you're seeing this and we'll advise accordingly.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

This was from the "retail" side where the price was shown to me. Here is the link to the deal: July 7th through July 12th 2016 (5 days) at Denver Airport for a Minivan. I also tried seeing if I could get a better deal by using "Name your price" but it gave me he same deal. Is there a way to tell if this deal is legit ?

LINK TO RENTAL DEAL

17 hours ago, Lalita said:

This was from the "retail" side where the price was shown to me.

I don't think so... how did you arrive at the page above?

it looks like you went to the bidding side (Name Your Own Price), entered a bid amount ($83), and this is the page that is asking you to review your bid before you submit it.  If you look at the 3rd bullet point under the IMPORTANT INFORMATION at the link above:

If your offer is accepted, we will immediately lock in your reservation and charge your form of payment. If your offer is not accepted, you will not be charged.

(emphasis added by me)

The above indicates that you are placing a bid and hoping that a rental company will accept it.

If you go to this CAR RENTAL MATRIX (which is from the 'retail' side of the PRICELINE site) and click one of the prices within the grid next to the minivan car class you'll see what the 'retail' side of the rental process looks like.

Now that you've seen both sides, is my assessment correct that you likely entered $83 as a bid price? (which if correct, PRICELINE is now asking you to review the information before you submit your bid... in fact, they have not yet even checked inventory for your dates)

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know if we have a correct understanding of the situation and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]