Hotwire Hotel: Disney Maingate - Bonnet Creek - Help

Jhines
By Jhines,
in

Thank you to all in advance for the help!

We are looking to book a 4* in the Disney Maingate - Bonnet Creek area. The dates are 11/24/16 - 11/27/16 (2 Rooms). I need help identifying the following options. We are hoping to get the Walt Disney Swan or Dolphin.

Is now the best time to book a room when the trip is 5+ months out?

Option 1:

$125 4 Star

Disney Maingate - Bonnet Creek area hotel

Free Internet

Resort

Smoke-free rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf nearby

4.5 (2001+ Reviews)

90% Hotwire recommended (90 total reviews)

$25 Resort Fee

Option 2:

$172 4 Star

Disney Maingate - Bonnet Creek Area Condo

Free Parking

Resort

Suite

2-bedroom suite

Full Kitchen

Smoke Free Rooms

Laundry in Room

Fitness Center

Free Internet

$16 Resort Fee

3 Beds

4.5 (301-500 reviews)

95% Hotwire recommended (73 reviews)

Option 3:

$139 4 Star

Disney Maingate - Bonnet Creek area resort

Free Internet

Business Center

Fitness Center

Pet Friendly

Pool(s)

Resort

Restaurant(s)

Smoke-Free Rooms

$20 Resort Fee

4.5 out of 5 (2001+ reviews)

90% Hotwire Recommended (375 reviews)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

9 hours ago, Jhines said:

We are hoping to get the Walt Disney Swan or Dolphin.

Are the Swan and Dolphin the only hotels you're willing to accept at this point OR are you open to other properties?

Both of these are in PRICELINE's (Disney Springs Area - Lake Buena Vista) zone so none of the above would be the Swan or Dolphin as you're not even in the right zone.

9 hours ago, Jhines said:

Is now the best time to book a room when the trip is 5+ months out?

There is no way to know if rates will come down, or move higher, between now and your trip... it all depends how actual new reservations/cancellations come in relative to expected new reservations/cancellations.  If the hotel gets more new reservations and fewer cancellations then you can see rates rise as you get closer to check-in, or vice-versa.  The best course of action is to 'know' what a good rate is for the area (or specific hotels) that you're interested in and if you see a good deal that is worth locking in then go for it... this is especially true when you're trying to target a specific hotel and you think it's being offered, as if you wait, there is not only risk that the price goes up, but that the hotel offered disappears entirely (and is replaced with something else that you may not be as interested in)

Please confirm exactly what it is that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip, your expected budget, and we'll take it from there.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The info that I listed in the original post was directly from Hotwire. Based on the map, I thought that the Swan and Dolphin Hotels were within the Disney Maingate - Bonnet Creek Zone.

I would love to book a Disney resort. Specifically for the transportation network since we will be going with small children and grandparents. We plan on making a daily trip back to the room to rest and prepare for the afternoon/evening. We were originally looking for a 2BR Suite, but if we can get rooms around $150/night including resort fees, we would be ok with booking two separate rooms. Along with the transportation, the pools/children activities would be a big plus!

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

4* $125 Bonnet Creek

If you see: Resort, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Childrens Activities, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, but a *guess* would be that the Hilton may have been downgraded to 4*.

4* $174 Bonnet Creek

If you see: Resort, Suite, BR2, Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Kitchenette, Laundry, Golf, Tennis, Spa, Kitchen, Laundry in room, Free Parking, 24hr Front Desk

-- Lighthouse Key would be a guess.

I'm not seeing the third listing: are you still seeing it when searching for these dates?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

I actually just finished pulling up the detailed aminities using BiddingHelper.com:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Resort, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services, Children's activities, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

Looks to line up with your *guess*

I thought I have seen were amenities very similar to these have been seen for the Swan and Dolphin. Is there a key that is making you think Hilton?

15 hours ago, AaronJB said:

4* $125 Bonnet Creek

-- Not yet ID'd/reported, but a *guess* would be that the Hilton may have been downgraded to 4*.

13 hours ago, Jhines said:

Which Hilton property do you think is being described? Hilton Bonnet Creek or Hilton Orlando Lake Buena Vista?

The property above is in HOTWIRE's Bonnet Creek zone so this is referring to the Hilton Bonnet Creek... the Hilton Orlando LBV is in HOTWIRE's Disney Springs - Lake Buena Vista zone.

Are you only looking for an 'on-site' Disney property?  While we do see Disney properties appear from time-to-time, it's usually during slow periods when the hotel has lower occupancy numbers and is looking to fill empty rooms... your trip is during Thanksgiving Break which is a peak time for Disney and i don't think you're going to see any deep discounted inventory for a Disney property (and most likely very high rates thru traditional booking channels)

How many rooms/adults/children do you need and what is your maximum budget for this trip? (per room before taxes/fees)  If there is not an on-site Disney property offered for your dates will you book something off-site at a lower price OR pay whatever you need in order to stay on-site?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Oddly enough, I'm looking at similar dates and found similar results on Hotwire.  I called Hotwire about the one that claims to be 74% off cost of some astronomical regular rate of over $400.  They immediately told me that the last customer got the Dolphin hotel and started pushing me to book it.  I was very tired and did not book it even though they were pretty pushy.  Today is a much better day for me to make the decision, so I may go for it if it is still available.

Just thought you might like to know this.

2 hours ago, CPAMom said:

I'm looking at similar dates and found similar results on Hotwire

Feel free to start a NEW TOPIC with the details of your trip (star rating, zone, dates, room rate per nite, amenities obtained thru the EASY VIEW tab of BiddingHelper.com, etc) and we will have a look at the hotel being offered for your dates.

claims to be 74% off cost of some astronomical regular rate of over $400

Note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered.

told me that the last customer got the Dolphin hotel and started pushing me to book it

We haven't seen the hotel that is being offered for your dates, but note that the "Last person got ___" information shown by HOTWIRE is relative to the last person who booked a hotel of this star rating in this zone zone, not necessarily the underlying hotel that is currently being offered.

THanks for your insightful comments.  I decided not to book the HOTWIRE deal.  I booked a regular advance ressie at Hilton Bonnet Creek for $123/night that I can cancel.  Given the chance that the hotel i was seeing might be the Hilton, I decided not to do HOTWIRE.  If it were in fact the Dolphin hotel, I would be thrilled to get it at the HOTWIRE price, which I think was $115.  

I'm thinking about going the PRICELINE route.  And yes, will go thru the link here if I do that.    

CPAMom,

To avoid any confusion with your stay vs. the OP's trip, please post any updates, win, or request for assistance as a NEW TOPIC.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]