Priceline Hotel: 2.5* Boulder Rodeway Inn and Suites Boulder Broker

cyd
By cyd,
in

I bid and won rooms for 4 nights 6-23 through 6-27.  I bid $75 on the Priceline site for a 2.5 star hotel and won the Rodeway Inn Broker in Boulder.  Because I was a bit concerned about the cleanliness and safety of the property I did a bit of research and *gasp*  read the reviews.  They were awful!  Stains on bedding, old mattresses, underwear found between sheets, black mold, dust, non-locking doors, drugs and loiters.   I had my husband call the property to check on its location and safety and was basically told that if it were just his wife and daughter staying there, it may be best for us to find an alternative.

This is not my first time using Priceline and for the most part I have had pretty good results bidding so I know how it works.  I found and booked a room in a better facility and planned on just eating the $350 spent on the previous gamble.  I know their return policy and took that risk.

Later that evening, I went back to the Priceline site to research their method of rating rooms.  I really couldn't see how this property could be on the same scale of better known chains as Holiday Inn, Farfield and Mariott..  These locations are 5 star resorts compared to the Rodeway Inn in Boulder.  Even the desk clerk at my alternative Hotel laughed when I asked if he were familiar with the property.  I was told by Priceline that they look at amenities when rating rooms, so basically all a "rat trap" has to do is set out a box of donuts and they are considered higher than they are.

I evidentially called customer service, was transferred to a supervisor and after much debate and discussion was given a full refund. 

I am only sharing this to make others aware of this flaw.  I hate that this location misrepresents itself as something it is not and am sure others have been stuck staying there because there was  no other option.  I also wanted others to know that with a legitimate concern the customer service at Priceline can be helpful.  It only takes the time of calling them.

Sorry to hear you were disappointed with this win but glad to see that PRICELINE took care of the situation to your satisfaction once you reached out out to them.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board and helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

1 hour ago, cyd said:

This is not my first time using Priceline and for the most part I have had pretty good results bidding so I know how it works

Assuming you have had used PRICELINE and/or HOTWIRE in the last 4+ years since your one other post to the board, it would be appreciated if you started to share all your wins so that others can benefit from the information... not just when you encounter a problem.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]