Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Fort Lauderdale (Hollywood - South Florida) Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach

q_tilly
By q_tilly,
in

3 nights, June 2, 2016 - June 5, 2016.  I'm currently looking in two areas.  Hollywood Beach or Hollywood - South Fort Lauderdale - Aventura.

2.5* Hollywood - South Fort Lauderdale - Aventura Boutique $83.  95% recommended.

Amenities - Free parking, Free breakfast, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Golf nearby.

Taxes and fees $52.14. 

Seems to fit the Hampton Aventura?

---------------------------------------------------

3.5* Hollywood Beach area hotel $83.  50% recommended.

Amenities - Free parking, Free Internet.

There's no mention of a resort fee on any page.  I see the Hollywood Beach Tower is the only hotel on the Standard Rate tab in that zone that is 3.5*, but that includes free parking with a $10 resort fee.  Taxes and fees are only $24.35, which is less than 10% per night. 

Think this is the same hotel?

--------------------------------------------------

4* Hollywood Beach area resort $96.  80% recommended.

Amenities - Free Internet, Resort, Near beach, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center.

Taxes and fees are $60.95 total, or nearly 20% per night.  Maybe the Crowne Plaza?

There is also a Priceline express deals 4* for $98 with fees of $50.76 and I have to think it's the same place as this.

Welcome back!

For the HOTWIRE offers above I believe there are likely more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to each of these listings, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above?

Also, what is it that you're looking for in a hotel for this trip... do you think you would be happy with a hotel (the second listing) that was only 50% recommended by previous guests who were there at a discounted rate??

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks Thereuare.  I'm looking for a place at or not too far from the beach that would work for myself and my son for a boys weekend watching the Mets.  I have a reservation at the Hampton as my current plan at $111+tax per night which includes breakfast and parking, but I'm looking to better that deal.  Not having to park at the beach is probably worth $6-$10 a day to me if I'm in a beach hotel.  I'd stay in MIami if I could find the right place and figure out a beach to go to that isn't going to involve much of a drive.

I see the 2.5 boutique is now $116 a night. 

FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free breakfast, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, In-room accessibility, Roll-in shower

3.5 Hollywood Beach - FULL AMENITIES: Free parking, Free Internet, Internet access.  That's it.  If it is the Hollywood Beach Tower, I've been looking up reviews and I'm not sure I'd be happy enough with it.  It's very hit or miss and if it's "miss", I'd wish I were somewhere else.

4* Hollywood Beach - now $129 through Hotwire.  I don't see the hotel at all through biddinghelper.

2 hours ago, q_tilly said:

I have a reservation at the Hampton

It would be appreciated if used our RefundableRates.com site for your future back-up plans.

I see the 2.5 boutique is now $116 a night. 

Matches previous reports for the Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach

3.5 Hollywood Beach

Not seeing any 3.5* offered in this zone for your dates, but again, do you think a hotel with a 50% recommendation from previous guests would meet your needs for this trip??

How about this 4* Hollywood Beach hotel (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $98/nite with:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Free Internet, Business Center, Fitness Center, No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

--> best guess for this one would be the Crowne Plaza Hollywood Beach Resort Hotel

or this 3* for $117/nite with:

Restaurant, Free Internet

--> my guess here would be the Riptide Oceanfront Hotel

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Love this deal for $83.  Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach Aventura.  Amenities on the confirmation are...

Hotel Amenities - Free parking. Free breakfast, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, 

Accessibility, In-room accessibility, Roll-in shower

Rate per night $83.00

Nights 3

Subtotal $249.00

Tax recovery charges + fees $52.14

Discount -$15.00

Hotwire total $286.14

Booked through your HOTWIRE link and the extra $15 discount was great.  My previous rate was through their MVP site and was for $373 all in.  I know I can always get a better deal bidding on PRICELINE than booking through HOTWIRE if they have the same inventory, there's no way I'd get this at 2.5* on Priceline.  There's a Ramada in that zone that would always hit first.  Saved $87 and wound up in a good spot.  

Thereuare....thanks for your assistance!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]