Priceline Hotel: Boutique San Francisco (USE) Villa Florence Hotel

garysax
By garysax,
in

Ok, any help would be appreciated... pulled this down from Hotwire. Any thoughts on what this is?

Check in 3/20/06

Check out 3/22/06

3*

81$

Amenities: Boutique

Not much info, I know, I doubt you guys can solve this but... I'm having a ton of trouble the past week getting decent deals in SF these dates on either priceline or hotwire... and now I have to wait for my priceline bids to expire after 72 hours... :)

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

The King George has previously been reported in this zone with just this sole Boutique amenity icon, so that would be our best guess (of course with just this one icon there could be others).

What zone(s) and star rating have you bid on Priceline and how high have you bid?

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For priceline... I tried Boutique Union Square West 85$, nothing

Rebid Union Square East *and* West 90$ Boutique, nothing. Same dates as above. I guess priceline doesn't let you add 4 star luxury hotels when you rebid after you bid boutique as that's grayed out too.

Probably a conference in town during these days. I'll give it a try on Thursday and try again. Not sure what I'll be able to get, don't want to go higher than 100. Wish I could pick up the 70$ places you guys pick up. :)

I did some lower ball bids last week then ratcheted up my price to about the max I'm willing to pay, still no dice here's how it went down this time--

Started USW 4* 100$

2nd bid USW 4* and boutique 105$

3rd bid USW+USE 4* and boutique 105$

4th bid USW + USE + fisherman's wharf 100$ 4* and boutique

It looks like I just got a lousy week to go, conventions/spring break filling the place up. Any advice? I'm probably going to have to start doing 3* next here.

Been trying the last couple weeks to bid into San Francisco for these two days. Looks like Spring break and Conferences really cut my options and that's why I had to go up so high on price, and my own inexperience bidding.

Don't have the previous week's bids on hand but I basically moved from 75$-110$ bidding in about 4-5 separate bids with a bid/rebid pattern of the following:

USW 4*

USW Boutique+4*

USW+USE 4* and Boutique

Winning bid was

USW 4* 110$

USW 4* Boutique 115$

USW+USE 4* Boutique 120$--Win Villa Florence

Could have done much better, I think but I got impatient and my bidding strategy with USE wasn't what it could have been at all. Still saved about 60-70/night bucks on this hotel so that's good. And it's RIGHT on Union square. :)

Thanks guys, will definitely use this site again. Definitely will never get hotels w/o priceline again.

Edit: Apologize for not merging this into my other thread

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]