Priceline Hotel: 4* Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage - Cathedral City) Doubletree by Hilton Golf Resort Palm Springs

Chuck W.
By Chuck W.,
in

This is an amazing deal.  We are going to the "Desert Trip" concert in October.  Rooms are rare, hard to find and if you do find one they are very expensive.  With fees this is $386.39.  That includes all fees and trip protection.  The hotel's web site shows it as not having any rooms available.  Even with out the special event in the area, this is a good deal.  Due to the event, this is a killer deal.

Amenities:

Pet Friendly

Outdoor Pool

Non-Smoking

Gym

Business Center

As usual I used BetterBidding to get to the PRICELINE link.

Congratulations on your success... a HUGE score!! :smile:

Glad to see you did so well for these nites and that you're happy with the outcome.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase and sharing your win, helping us update the Priceline Express Hotel List with the new star rating, amenity set, and name for this property (it was previously the Desert Princess, iirc)

Enjoy this leg of your trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 5 months later...

Desert Trip was a great experience.  We were so lucky to get the Doubletree and especially lucky to get the Express Deal for that price.  The hotel was great and held the room until 2 AM for a late check in after the first night of the concert.  Staff was good, room was clean and quiet .. everything we look for in a hotel.

One disappointment .. whenever we book though PRICELINE they always tell you when there will be a mandatory resort fee that must be paid at the hotel.  The PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal never listed a mandatory fee in the listing or on the receipt at time of payment.  However, at checkout there was a $25 a night Resort fee.  With taxes and fees it was an additional $57.50 for the two day stay.  I sent an email to PRICELINE pointing this out.

Again, thanks BetterBidding; I always use BetterBidding to get to the PRICELINE link.

Glad to hear this worked out great for your needs, although sorry to hear of the unexpected resort fee.

PRICELINE used to never show any resort fees for PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels, but has gotten much better at full disclosure (although they are still not at 100%)... please let us know if you hear anything further from PRICELINE in this regard.

Thanks for the follow-up... and for using the board PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for your purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 3:02 PM, thereuare said:

Glad to hear this worked out great for your needs, although sorry to hear of the unexpected resort fee.

PRICELINE used to never show any resort fees for PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels, but has gotten much better at full disclosure (although they are still not at 100%)... please let us know if you hear anything further from PRICELINE in this regard.

Great news..... after several email and two phone calls I did get a refund for the resort fees from PriceLine.  It would be nice to let other know that these charges, when not listed, can be protested.  

Here is the final email I received from PriceLine;

Dear Charles,

I understand the inconvenience this has caused to you and am really
sorry to know about it.

A refund for 57.50 USD has been processed through our system for your
reservation at the Doubletree By Hilton Golf Resort Palm Springs. To
check the status of your refund, I suggest you to contact your bank
directly to inquire about their processing time.

I hope you found my reply helpful!

Sincerely,

(representative name)
Customer Care

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]