By babarage,
in

So any idea which hotel this is?

Downtown Chicago, Milenium park

Aug 2-4

4*

88EUR (was 261EUR) (it's $99USD)

Hotel details

FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

If you see: Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

-- This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. A slight guess would be that the Blackstone Renaissance has been downgraded to 4* from 4.5*. The Silversmith being upgraded to 4* was a thought, but that is not pet friendly, according to Expedia. It definitely may be something else, but given that most comparable listings are around $140 and above and this listing is showing a 4.5/5 tripadvisor rating on the detail page (so reviews are certainly good), it's a pretty compelling option for just under $100.

I'm also seeing for $117 a 4* in the Navy Pier-Millennium Park area w/Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- This would be a possible match for the Hard Rock, which would be a central location near the river.

After that, at the 4* level options downtown become around $140 and higher.

I'm very familiar with the city and would be happy to answer any city questions.

Please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks, added the full amenities. Looks like it is the downgraded Blackstone or an unreported hotel. 

Will look into the Blackstone To see if it works for us. 

We are flying into Chicago on the 2nd and pick up a rental car at the airport. Will be going to a Cubs game on the 3d. I have a hotel in Oak Park as a backup but would rather be downtown if it won't cost me more than say 130 a night with parking. 

Are you going to be doing a lot outside the city? If you are just going to be downtown and going to the Cubs Game, I wouldn't rent the car, as parking is ridiculous downtown and I really (really) wouldn't drive to the Cubs game. Parking in Grant/Millennium Park is going to be better than at the hotel, but it's still not cheap by any means. In terms of the Cubs, the only thing I'd recommend is taking the Red Line and getting there early. Definitely easy to get to the subway/"L" from most downtown hotels. Usually I recommend the North suburban hotels in terms of a cheap alternative to staying in the city, but for some reason those are comparable to downtown hotel prices for these dates.

Let me know if you have any city questions at all and thank you for keeping us updated.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

• 2 weeks later...

We've decided to stay outside of downtown, am looking to see if I can do better than our already booked hotel but prices are high right now. Next, I'll start looking into Los Angeles hotels :). 

We're on taking he Wrigley express bus to the Cubs game or is that a bad idea? Due to mobility issues I would like to get as close to the stadium as possible. 

1 hour ago, babarage said:

We've decided to stay outside of downtown, am looking to see if I can do better than our already booked hotel but prices are high right now. Next, I'll start looking into Los Angeles hotels :). 

We're on taking he Wrigley express bus to the Cubs game or is that a bad idea? Due to mobility issues I would like to get as close to the stadium as possible. 

Are you driving into Chicago or flying in? The problem with Chicago is that once you leave the downtown area there are few hotels until you get out to the suburbs. The neighborhood of Lincoln Park has a handful of hotels, but those often get booked up on days where there are games at Wrigley - or when there isn't, the small number of hotels often leads downtown properties to offer better deals in comparison. 

3 hours ago, babarage said:

I'll look into the suburbs then. There is a three star in Arlington Heights - Elk Grove Village that looks good. Might be the hi express I think. 

Do you know if taking the Wrigley express to the Cubs game is a good plan?

That's just a long bus ride, especially if you wind up having to stand.

That said, I'm seeing a 4* in the Downtown-Millennium Park area on HOTWIRE for $99US w/Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly.

-- Likely the Blackstone Renaissance.

I'm looking at the North Suburbs (which I often recommend; Evanston, Glenview, Northbrook, Deerfield, Northfield, Skokie) and I'm seeing 3.5*'s for $90 or over $100. I'm seeing 3*'s in the NW suburbs (which are a ways out) for around $65-75. It becomes is the difference worth it with the time  If the North suburbs were as cheap as they often are ($65-75) and downtown options were well into the $150+ range, with that spread I would recommend the North burbs without hesitation. With the $99 downtown 4* though, it becomes considering if travel into the city and back is worth the effort to stay in the suburbs.

Also, in terms of whether you are flying in or driving, the issue that I have is that a lot of the suburban hotels are not walkable from transit.

Thx for all your help. We will stick with oak park but I will check the northern suburbs once in a while to see if prices come down. We've also decided to live on the wild side and drive to the Cubs game. I will reserve an Ada parking space on the Cubs green lot so that part is covered. We'll go early and leave late to avoid some traffic. Sitting in our own car beats having to stand on busses or trains and having to hustle to be somewhere on time. 

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]