Priceline Hotel: Boston Commons Theatre Dsitrict 4* Help- 5/12-5/15

sdawg1105
By sdawg1105,
in

Hello,

I am trying to come up with a strategy to bid on 4* hotels in and around Boston downtown, Copley Square/Back Bay, and theatre district.  My budget is around $200-$250 per night, however I am trying to avoid the Omni Parker because I have a strong assumption that I will get stuck in one of their tiny 90 sq ft. rooms.  I am aware of the historical attributes of this property, however I simply am not interested for this trip.   Any tips on how I can bid to avoid this property because it consistently comes up around $130-$150 per night, with most other 4* properties in the same area hovering from $200-$300.  I am worried that I may end up overbidding for the Omni Parker with bids around $200/night.

I have been using the BetterBidding.com links for my searches of course!

edit-  I forgot to say I have been using this site and the links for roughly 3 years now, however this is my first post!  I have always had superb luck with bidding and winning the property I want, however this is the first instance I feel a bit stumped on a plan!

Welcome (officially) to BetterBidding!

We're glad to hear that the information on the board has been useful to you over the last 3+ years and thank you for using the board PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links.  However, it would be appreciated if you also started to share your wins so that others can benefit from the information just as you have been helped by those who have posted before you.

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no way to target, or avoid, a specific hotel in the zone other than:
1) choose a star rating higher than the hotel you're hoping to avoid

2) exclude the zone from your bidding

If #1 or #2 are not possible, then PRICELINE EXPRESS and/or HOTWIRE would be your best option if you're able to use the description/clues provided to determine that the hotel offered is not the hotel you're hoping for avoid.

If you are willing to spend up to $250/nite this trip, i am seeing what i believe to be The Ames hotel for $241/nite should this be of any interest.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would have to locate it again (i've looked at dozens of hotels in the last hour)... do you want and are ready to purchase The Ames at the $241/nite price?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hello,

I am concentrating on a 4.5* hotwire purchase for 5/13-5/15.  I am seeing 4.5* in Downtown Boston for $269 with the following amenities:

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Indoor pool(s), Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

I can't seem to figure out what property has an indoor pool based off of previous wins in this area...  Neither the Ames or the Liberty have pools and those are the only 4.5* properties listed here on this site.  I'd love to figure out which property is the Liberty if it is available- I'd love to stay at that property. 

If you're only looking for The Liberty then the hotel above is not it (based upon your comments that the hotel above shows a Pool amenity and The Liberty does not have a pool)

Not every hotel offers inventory to the opaque suppliers for every set of dates, and even when inventory is offered, HOTWIRE / PRICELINE EXPRESS only show a limited number of offers at each star rating within the zone... i don't see anything that looks like The Liberty for your dates.

Are you willing to pay the $384/nite rate for your dates at The Liberty OR are you looking to pay less and can be more flexible in the hotel you will stay in?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Best guess for the 4.5* Downtown above would be The Langham Boston... downgraded from the 5* level since it was last reported to the board.

Does this one work for your needs?

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

If you didn't, it would be appreciated if you book your regular rate purchases thru our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which helps us keep this site running as a free resource for everyone.

Enjoy your upcoming stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]