Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Kansas City (Overland Park - Leawood) Extended Stay America - Kansas City - Overland Park - Nall Ave.

Bob24
By Bob24,
in

I got fleeced a bit by this "win".  Hotwire showed that they had a 2.5 star property that is regularly $129 marked all the way down to $43 a night.  I jumped on it and got burned by getting the Extended Stay America-Overland Park/Leawood on Nall Ave. 

I don't like ESA's since their mattresses are generally stiff as a board.  They can also smell of smoke as well.  I immediately got on ESA's own website and it showed me that their advance purchase rate for the property was $62.99...NOT a $129 a night property like Hotwire stated.  I wonder if I would have any recourse in getting the reservation canceled since saying I was getting a $129 room for $43 was not true in the least...not even close.

Plus, calling an ESA 2.5 stars is way overboard.  No daily housekeeping...a complete joke of a breakfast...no amenities really to speak of.

Update:  After 25 plus minutes on the phone going round and round with Hotwire, they finally agreed to refund my money.  The call went to a call center in another country and it was like pulling teeth to explain to the guy that, while I understood their no refund policy, I made the booking based on completely false information that THEY had provided. 

Glad to see you were able to get this resolved with HOTWIRE.

For the future, note that the crossed out rate is an average price of hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, NOT necessarily the rate of the hotel currently being offered.  As per the HOTWIRE website:

*Savings based on median published rate we've found on leading retail travel sites in the last 24-48 hours for the same neighborhood, star rating, and stay dates.

Assuming this purchase is still listed in your profile, can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Thanks... for help with a replacement stay, or to report a new win, please start a NEW TOPIC.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]