Priceline Hotel: St Petersburg Clearwater Beach

adam777
By adam777,
in

Hello,

I'm looking to get a 4 star hotel for MAY 18-20 in St. Petes beach. On the hotel list there is Tradewinds and Loews Don Cesar which I would be fine with either one. I did notice the hotel Zamora in st petes beach is possibly a 4* as well. It's gotten me a bit scared bc I do not want that hotel. Anyway, I started bids around $92-117 with no luck.  I also see the possibility of a lot of free bids if your hotel list is up to date. Any advice is welcome! I don't really want to pay over 130 especially with the resort fees.

Please start by following-up your previous Priceline Las Vegas hotel thread with whatever you ended up doing for that trip.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your wins/decisions as you make them (even if you don't ultimately use PRICELINE / HOTWIRE, cancel the trip, book direct, etc) as this help keep the board better organized and more useful for everyone... as well as being a courtesy to anyone who took the time to help with your travel plans.

1 hour ago, adam777 said:

I also see the possibility of a lot of free bids if your hotel list is up to date.

The hotel lists should have nothing to do with your re-bidding... see the comments at the top of the Priceline Hotel List and the information Priceline Re-Bidding Explained link (also linked inside your Vegas thread above) which will ensure that you use your re-bid zones properly and don't end up on a location you didn't intend.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see what you are saying about rebidding. Make sure it goes by the Priceline hotel lists and not the list on this site. Also, Las Vegas updated. My apologies must have been pretty busy around thanksgiving.

Anyway, do you think there is a chance to get Zamora which I don't want and how much more would I have to go up to get don Cesar or tradewinds in your estimation? It looks like one of the express deals is tradewinds at $157, but that's still too much.

47 minutes ago, adam777 said:

Make sure it goes by the Priceline hotel lists and not the list on this site.

Even more specifically, you want to go by the star levels that are available for bidding on the PRICELINE bidding page when you select each zone in the region (one at a time)... not the 'retail' side of PRICELINE as they both 1) use different zone names and boundaries, and 2) use a different universe of hotels.

49 minutes ago, adam777 said:

do you think there is a chance to get Zamora

When bidding on PRICELINE you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you choose... there is no way to avoid a specific hotel in the zone.  If you're not willing to accept this property then you shouldn't bid for this trip and instead should choose a PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offer.

50 minutes ago, adam777 said:

how much more would I have to go up to get don Cesar or tradewinds in your estimation?

I don't have an estimate because i wouldn't do it this way.  As per above when you bid you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone... if you bid higher in hopes for a 'better' hotel (or in this instance to avoid the one you don't want) you could just as easily win the hotel you're hoping to avoid and overpaying for it.

I'm seeing what appears to be the Tradewinds on HOTWIRE for $138/nite but it looks like they charge a hefty resort fee as well, would this be acceptable?

I'm also seeing Guy Harvery Outpost and the Sirata Beach for less... either of these of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks. Yeah, I'd be fine if Zamora popped up but definitely not thrilled. Looks like I could get Zamora for $106/night on HOTWIRE. Just still not certain its on the list for bidding 4* st petes. 

That resort fee is pretty hefty at 45/day, so not sure about HOTWIRE for that. Do you think it's better to wait a week and check again or do you think things will go up the closer it gets to the time? 

Ill look at at sirata and guy Harvey and do some research on those. You find those at Hotwire express deals 3.5 stars St Petes?

Thanks again for all your guidance!

3 hours ago, adam777 said:

Just still not certain its on the list for bidding 4* st petes. 

We have seen hotels on the 'retail' side of PRICELINE that have never appears on the 'bidding' side... then when day they are suddenly won thru bidding.  Not all hotels on the retail side of PRICELINE participate in the bidding side, but you should assume that any hotel there is 'fair game'.

That resort fee is pretty hefty at 45/day, so not sure about HOTWIRE for that.

Keep in mind that this resort fee would need to be paid regardless of how the hotel is booked... it's not only for PRICELINE / HOTWIRE customers.

Do you think it's better to wait a week and check again or do you think things will go up the closer it gets to the time? 

I couldn't say.

Ill look at at sirata and guy Harvey and do some research on those.

I think one was on HOTWIRE and one thru PRICELINE EXPRESS, if after researching you want one of these and are ready to move forward, i'll see where each was offered and if still available.

I bid up to 131 with no luck on st petes 4*. Looks like largo and Dunedin could be free bid opportunities? Doesn't look like there are 4* accommodations there correct? Just wanted to make absolute sure. I bid using St Petes, Clearwater beach, and north Clearwater beach as sections while bidding.

Could you give me that info on guy Harvey and sirata? I definitely like both hotels maybe guy Harvey a bit more. That looks like the cheaper alternative to what I'm trying to do.

When bidding 4* in this region you have TEN re-bid zones... why not list them all and we can confirm all of them, rather than just 5 of the 10?

Before we sift thru the options to once again find the Guy Harvey and/or the Sirata, why don't you first decide what it is that you want.  If you're first going to bid again on PRICELINE, maybe you're successful and we don't need to take the time to locate these two other properties again... OR let us know which one of these two you would like to purchase and we'll then only need to find, and list the details, for that one.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$10 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SAVEMORE

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $100+ purchase... expires 05/19/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]