Hotwire Hotel: 3* Houston (NW/Willowbrook) - $56+fees

swampfox28
By swampfox28,
in

I'm brand new. Did read a lot of info - perhaps too much; now I'm on info overload!

Could someone please assist me find a last minute room for tomorrow or Thursday (3/30 or 3/31) for ONE night in any safe/relatively decent area of N/W/NW Houston. (e.g.: Brookhollow, Cy-Fair, Energy Corridor, Galleria, Houston North, Katy, and Willowbrook)?? Can do other areas, too but am afraid to wind up with too much traffic if we're in the south or east of city center. 

Kids would probably enjoy the university (Rice) or Galleria areas but we're open to suggestion! Priceline (which I initially looked at) won't let us find a room that would guarantee 2 beds which we would need - and I'd like us to be in ONE room to save $$.

We are one adult female (41), 2 teens (18) and one 11 year old. Want to do fun things with kids (museums? window shopping? etc.!)

I'm thinking that 2 1/2-3 1/2 stars would be ideal. Free breakfast would be nice - as would free parking and free wi-fi. (Sure kids would love a 4 star but don't think that'd be possible for $100 or less)

Ideally - I'd be looking at $50ish so we have more $$ for food but is that unrealistic if we want a decent area where I could feel safe bringing 2 young adults and one 11 year old girl? Will spend closer to $100 if I'm just being crazy.

THANKS for help!! I know I need it.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

Do you have any plans for the stay where you have to be near a particular area? $50 is unfortunately going to be a little difficult, but staying under $100 isn't going to be difficult.

On HOTWIRE (go to BiddingHelper.com, then "Hotwire Easy View" to see full list of amenities).

I'm seeing a 3.5* in the Galleria zone for $52 w/Restaurant, Pool, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower.

-- This would be a possible match for the Crowne Plaza Red Oaks.

There is a 3* in the same area w/Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly, but for $87.

-- This would be a possible match for the La Quinta Galleria.

2.5* Houston West-Energy $59. Pool, Fitness, Complimentary Breakfast, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Laundry, Free Parking, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Travel Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Wheelchair Accessible, Handicapped Parking, Roll-in Shower, Pet Friendly

-- Not yet ID'd. The La Quinta Park 10 would be a maybe, but it may be something else not yet reported.

You can also see the list of hotels reported to the board on HOTWIRE here: Hotwire Hotel List Texas.

Let us know your thoughts on the above, would any of these possibilities be of interest?

Thank you for keeping us updated and please let us know if you have any questions before booking.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

That's a great start!! All 3 are good possibilities - 

The 1st has no free parking; is it about $20 to park in that area? (Totally guessing - but want to have an idea.) It sounds terrific - nicest rating for the price but parking & breakfast would be additional.

Maybe 3rd would be best value considering. I will go check out the possible matches. Thanks very very much. I will keep you posted!!

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you're happy with the results and looking forward to your arrival later today.

There are two Staybridge Suites in this zone, can you please add a reply to this thread with the address of the one that you received.

Also in your reply, please include the amenities HOTWIRE shows for this property, including any 'accessible' amenities, when viewing this purchase using the MY ACCOUNT >> MY TRIPS link on the top right of their home page.

Thank you for sharing your results and using the HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchase.

Have a great stay!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]