Mayan
By Mayan,
in

Hi,

please help identify the following hotels:

1. Times Square south boutique hotel -4.5 stars, 164$, 85% recommended 

free internet, boutique, fitness, restaurants, smoke free

2. Times Square North- 4 stars, 171$, 90% recommended 

Boutique, business, fitness, Internet access, restaurants, wheelchair accessible 

3. Times Square north area hotel - 4.5 start, 189$, 100% recommended 

Fitness, Internet access, restaurants 

4. Grand central area hotel, 4.5 starts, 208$, 100% recommended 

Business, fitness, Internet access, pet friendly, restaurants, self service laundry 

5. Chelsea area hotel, 4.5 stars, 139$, 100% recommended 

Free internet, fitness, pet friendly, restaurants, smoke free

6. Rockefeller center area hotel- 5 stars, 216$, 90% recommended 

Business, fitness, Internet access, restaurants, self service laundry, spa services, accessible for visually, for hearing, path of travel

7. Times Square south boutique hotel- 5 stars, 236$, 100% recommended 

Free internet, boutique, fitness, restaurants 

thanks! 

I think there may be more amenities than you have included above. If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper tool and look in the EASY VIEW TAB, do you see additional amenities beyond those listed above? If so, please confirm the full amenity set and we would be happy to take a look.

Please list all amenities, including any accessible amenities.

Also, to try and focus the search, are you looking for something in particular? You can also look at the hotels reported to the board here: Hotwire Hotel List New York.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin you

Hi,

thank you for the prompt reply!

I think I used the BiddingHelper.com and listed everything I saw there. However, apparently I used the link to HOTWIRE. I will add the full amenities.  

I'm looking for a good hotel - 4 stars and up, centrally located (relatively close to subway station).

last time I stayed in the micalangelo  hotel and it was great. The time before I was at the omni and it was ok. I liked the micalangelo much better. :-)

thanks! 

To further focus on what you'd like for this trip...

What is your maximum budget (per nite before taxes/fees)?

What is it that you liked about the Michaelangelo?  What didn't you like about the Omni?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sorry for the late response.

I just closed the flight tickets. 
We will be in NY (Manhattan) between June 29th-July 9th. 

We are looking for a central 4-5 stars hotel.

We really like in the Michelangelo last time -the size of the room, the central location, the free internet in room, the large beds and the service in the hotel. It was just great!

Our budget should be around 250$ (including taxes and fees). If we can find something good in a lower price, it will be better. 

If you can help me identify the following hotels, it will help me a lot:

1.   Times Square South -4.5*, 165$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

2. Central Park South- 5*, 172$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Accessible bathroom, Roll-in shower

3. Rockefeller Center- 4.5*, 189$, FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

4. Times Square North- 5*, 161$, FULL AMENITIES: Free breakfast, Free Internet, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

5. Times Square South- 5*, 202$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

6. Rockefeller Center- 4.5*, 187$, FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom

7. SoHo - Tribeca- 5*, 209$, FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

8. Chelsea- 5*, 203$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services, Accessible for visually impaired, Accessible for hearing impaired, Accessible path of travel, In-room accessibility, Wheelchair accessible, Accessible bathroom, Accessible parking, Roll-in shower

9. Chelsea- 4.5*, 197$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

10. SoHo - Tribeca- 4.5*, 183$, FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

11. Rockefeller Center- 4.5*, 173$, FULL AMENITIES: Pet friendly, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access, Spa services

12. Grand Central- 4.5*, 200$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

13. Times Square North- 4.5*, 208$, FULL AMENITIES: Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

14. SoHo - Tribeca- 4.5*, 203$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

15. SoHo - Tribeca- 5*, 221$, FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access

Thanks!

Mayan,

To research the 15 hotels above would likely take over an hour, please start by trying to match the hotels on your own based upon the amenity set and our Hotwire Hotel List or try to narrow down the field to the 4-5 that represent the best value in terms of star rating, user reviews, TA reviews, and/or price.

Alternately, i have extensive knowledge of this area and can usually do a good job at picking out some of the best deals/values based upon your criteria.  If you want to consider this route i have see (confirm all dates on the landing page):

4* MSG hotel for $169/nite with:

Pets Allowed

Business Center

Free Internet

Fitness Center

No Smoking Rooms/Facilities

... which i believe is likely the Even Hotel New York Times Square South which is a new property and gets excellent reviews (and although i'm fairly confident in this guess, should i be wrong, this PRICELINE EXPRESS offer shows a great 9+ user review rating so you're virtually assured a quality property)... plus use apply coupon BIGDEAL for an extra 10% off (which certainly adds up for a 10 nite stay)

While i think the above is likely the best value, I'm also seeing:
Nomo Soho for $187/nite

Omni Berkshire Place for $189/nite

Gansevoort Park Avenue NYC for $200/nite

The Knickerbocker Hotel for $218/nite

Are any of the above of interest?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know your thoughts, or how it goes if you take the PRICELINE EXPRESS offer above, and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Hi,

Thank you. 

Not sure I like the hotels you mention. 

Do you see the Michelangelo at any chance for the dates mentioned- June 29th- July 9th? 

If not I will try to see what from the list is more relevant. 

Thanks! 

I'm seeing a 4.5* in Times Square North for $198 w/Restaurant, Fitness, Hi-Speed Internet.

This may be something else as those are three very common amenities, but the Michelangelo has been seen with this amenity set previously.

Please keep us updated with what you decide

That amenity set has been seen before with the Michelangelo, so that would be a guess in this case. However, with only a few extremely common amenities, there is always the chance it could be something else unknown that has not yet been reported/ID'd.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I still didn't find an hotel. I took me more time than it should and now all the good deals are gone. The dates are: June 29th- July 9th 

We prefer to be in the center and not to stay in small rooms (which is difficult in NYC) and that we will have king size beds (usually it is not a problem in all the 4.5-5 stars hotels). After I will know the name of the hotels, I will check in their website what type of beds they have. 

Your help will be appreciated. 

Please help me identify the following:

1. SoHo - Tribeca - 5* - 209$ - 85% recommended - FULL AMENITIES: Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

2. Times Square South - 5* - 195$ - 100% recommended - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

3. SoHo - Tribeca - 5* - 217$ - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access

4. Chelsea area - 4.5* - 184$- 95%  recommended- FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

5. SoHo - Tribeca -4.5* - 215$ - 95% recommended- FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

6. Times Square South- 4.5*- 171$- 85% recommended- FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

7. Grand Central area- 4.5* - 190$ - 95% recommended- FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

Thanks! 

The issue is that bed type is not guaranteed. King beds are relatively rare as the base option in NYC  (often an upgrade when they are available) and there's no guarantee the hotel will allow an upgrade. Your best option is to look for a listing on HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS where bed choice is given as an option and you can specifically select King.

Also, when asking for help IDing listings, please provide the full list of amenities (go to BiddingHelper.com and click "Hotwire Easy View", then "Full Amenities" and after searching for your dates. Additionally, it takes a great deal of time to check several listings - you can also double check amenities against the list of what has been reported to the board: Hotwire Hotel List New York.

Ye.s This is not a must. 
I will appreciate your help in identifying the hotels. 

BTW- I used the BiddingHelper.com and wrote here all the full amenities.. 
I tried to check the hotels in the hotel list and unfortunately wasn't able to identify. 

Thanks! 

On 5/18/2016 at 7:19 AM, Mayan said:

After I will know the name of the hotels, I will check in their website what type of beds they have. 

Any hotel offer King beds also offer rooms with a Queen (or 2 Queen) beds... the only way to ensure that you're booking a room with a King bed is if the HOTWIRE (or PRICELINE EXPRESS) offer shows a Bed Choice option and one of those choices is a King bed.

If any of the hotels above show a bed choice option that is a King bed and within your budget we would be happy to have a look, but we're not going to research hotels that don't specifically indicate that they meet your requirements (since you had no interest in the previously identified #8 rated hotel in NYC... nor acted upon one of the hotels you stated you were looking for when it too was located/identified)

Thank you for your mail.

as I said, this is a preference but not a must.

if we will get queen bed we will be happy with that as well.

none of the hotels mentioned specified the bed option.

in any case, we always use this website for every trip and always update about the win.

please help identify the hotels above. It will help me a lot. 

As for the hotels mentioned, you are correct. 

I had a family problem so unfortunately there was no option to order one of your suggestions.

trust me - I'm not here to waist your time. 

Thanks 

Hi,

I'm trying to create shorter list. 

1. Times Square South - 5* - 195$ - 100% recommended - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access

2. SoHo - Tribeca -4.5* - 215$ - 95% recommended- FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Boutique hotel, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access

3. SoHo - Tribeca - 5* - 217$ - FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Internet access

-Chelsea area - 4.5* - 184$- 95%  recommended- FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Smoke-free rooms, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Internet access 
*** is this the INNSIDE New York NoMad?

-Grand central -4.5* - 188$- 95% recommended- FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Pet friendly, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), Business center, Internet access 

*** is this the Sofitel NY?

Thanks!

I must say I don't understand this forum! 

I wrote and did everything that you have asked and no answer.

i wrote a very short list with some potential guess. 

if you don't want to answer, at least have the minimum respect to explain so that I will not waist my time here.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]