Priceline Hotel: 2* San Diego (North County Coastal) Econo Lodge Moonlight Beach

nsxtasy
By nsxtasy,
in

So that was my winning bid, $58 for 2* in this zone north of San Diego.  The only amenity shown before the bid was 7+ Priceline user reviews.  After I won my bid, amenities shown with the winning bid were:

• Free Breakfast
  • Free Internet (in Room)
  • Free Parking
  • Pet Friendly
  • Outdoor Pool
  • Non-Smoking

Note, Priceline's Express Deals show a 2* hotel in this zone - almost certainly the same hotel - for $70.  I was checking this every day, and on one day only, the price on Express Deals was $57, but it went back to $70 the next day.

I had been trying several star levels in the zones north of San Diego.  Here are all the bids I tried which did NOT win:

• $65 for 3* Del Mar - Rancho Santa Fe - Solana Beach
  • $62 for 3* La Jolla – UCSD
  • $65 for 3* North County Coastal – Encinitas

• $65 for 3* Sorrento Mesa

• $61 for 2.5* La Jolla – UCSD

• $61 for 2.5* North County Coastal – Encinitas

• $61 for 2.5* Sorrento Mesa

• $57 for 2* La Jolla – UCSD

• $57 for 2* North County Coastal – Encinitas

Congratulations on your success!

Hope you're pleased with the outcome and this property will work well for your plans this trip.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

I've completed my stay.  This hotel was excellent in every way. The room was clean and spacious, and the bed and pillows were very comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. Features like the breakfast and room amenities (refrigerator, microwave) were better than usual for a budget chain. The speed/bandwidth of the free wifi was quite good, and was never a problem. Soundproofing of the rooms was excellent. This is a small property (around 20 rooms) with a sense of intimacy, which is very pleasant.

Tips: 1. I don't think there is an elevator, so those with less mobility should ask for the first floor.  2. This hotel is between the Encinitas Blvd and Leucadia Blvd exits on I-5.  Encinitas Blvd has frequent traffic backups, so using the Leucadia Blvd interchange is often quicker, even when traveling to and from destinations south of the hotel.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]