Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* Kaanapali in Maui 9 August to 14 August

Monty02
By Monty02,
in

Help needed please on which hotel this is?

3.5*

Kannapali, Maui

9 August to 14 August

$222 USD

FULL AMENITIES: Free Internet, Condo, Boutique hotel, Beachfront hotel, Fitness center, Pool(s), Business center, Self-service laundry, Internet access, Golf nearby, Tennis nearby, Spa services

On a HOTWIRE view the price is $304 AUD - details below - so the above is the closest I can find using hotwire easy view.

It says the last person got the Aston at the Whaler.  THIS IS THE HOTEL I WANT TO STAY AT so wondering if this is it?  I'll be booking through hotwire as I want the AUD rate.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Note that the "Last person got ___" info shown by HOTWIRE is relative to the last person who received a hotel of this star rating in the zone, not necessarily the underlying hotel currently being offered.

The Aston at the Whaler would be a possibility for this one, but as this property has not yet been reported to the board with the amenity set above, and many condo properties offer the same amenities, i can't say with any degree of certainty.

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

I will also add that i'm seeing this 3.5 star Kaanapali - Lahaina property (confirm your dates on the landing page) for $182USD/nite with :

Condo, Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Restaurant, Free Internet, Fitness Center

==> my best guess for this one would be the Aston Kaanapali Shores, which i mention since it's also an Aston property, should this one work for your needs as well

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know what you decide to do and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info Admin.

Apologies but as this is my first time on here I am not sure what you mean re the below:

Since this an extended stay you could see if this same property is offered for the first (or last) nite of your stay and then again for the balance. If so, you could purchase the solo nite in order to 'look behind the curtain'. If you're happy with the results purchase the remaining nites, if not, make alternate plans for the balance of your stay.

If you are meaning to just go ahead and book night 1 and see what happens, unfort due to cost with AUD at the moment I can't afford to lose the money if it ends up being somewhere else.

I really want to stay at the Whaler.  Do you know any way to definately get this hotel?

I am travelling with elderly mother with health issues and limited walking capacity and we will spend most of our time at the whaler shops or snorkelling with the turtles, hence the location choice.

Thanks in advance

5 hours ago, Monty02 said:

If you are meaning to just go ahead and book night 1 and see what happens, unfort due to cost with AUD at the moment I can't afford to lose the money if it ends up being somewhere else.

The idea wouldn't be to forgo the one nite stay, it would be to stay at the hotel for that one nite no matter what it turns out to be... of The Whaler then go ahead and book the additional nites; if something else, then stay elsewhere for the other 4 nites (and at least you saved money for one nite, albeit even if not the ideal property you were hoping for)

You might be able to use MAPS and HOTELS.com to find a good rate at an alternate property that has the same or similar location that might work for your needs.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 3 months later...

We definately wanted the Whaler for this trip as the location was super important for elderly female relative not to walk far so we ended up booking a condo at the Whaler privately  only 2 weeks ago.

The cost works out to be around $338 USD so a bit more but it was the best option for us.

Thanks for the info!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]