Priceline Hotel: Help with Destin for 3/25-3/27

everdave
By everdave,
in

Looking for bidding range for Destin for 3/25-2/27 not much useful data on the boards about Destin from recent wins.

Specifically, the Destin Priceline Hotel list shows that at 2.5 stars that the hotel is the Wingate by Wyndham. Is there any way to gauge the chances of getting this hotel if I just bid 2.5 stars? It is the only one listed on the list and it is actually the place I want to be as we have stayed there before and like it. The going rate if you book direct is $155-185. I would be planning on bidding $75-90 a night.

Please help!

As noted towards the top of the list, it only provides what has been reported to the board. Unfortunately, there have not been too many wins reported in Destin. Is the Wingate the only hotel of interest? If you bid 2.5*, there is also the chance of being upgraded to 3*.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Just adding that there are definitely more 2.5* hotels in this zone than just the Wingate... if you bid on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid.

As asked above, are you willing to stay at a different hotel for the right price... or is the Wingate the only acceptable hotel?  If you're only willing to accept the Wingate for this stay, are you willing to pay the currently asking $160/nite?

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

If you'd like help with a bidding strategy, let us know once you're ready to bid, which star rating you'd like to try for first, your acceptable zones, and maximum budget... we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Good luck!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can see all hotels reported to the board in the Priceline Hotel List (and be sure to read the comments at the top of that page)

Are you willing to pay more for a 4* vs. a 3.5* vs. a 3* OR is the goal the least expensive 3 star or better for this trip?  What would be your maximum bid for a 3* or better (or if you're willing to pay more for a higher rated hotel what would be your maximum bid for each of those star ratings?)

My hope would be to pay $75-90 per night for a room. There is not enough data reported on Destin where I feel comfortable knowing which hotel it will be. If I had a way of knowing the likely hotels at those levels I might be willing to pay more. But 3 and up is fine as long as it is Destin;

I'm doubtful that $90 will be enough for a 3* hotel in the Destin zonen for these dates, but if you want to give it a try:

When bidding 3* in this region you have THREE re-bid zones.  If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 3* Destin...
Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...
Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone2...
Bid $83, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3* Destin and re-bid zone3...
Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone1...
Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone2...
Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]