Hotwire Hotel: back bay - fenway area boutique hotel

domr
By domr,
in

I've never used hotwire before (or priceline) but i saw this hotel today and it looks a possible bargain except i am struggling to find out which hotel it is.  I will put all the info below and perhaps someone can help guess the hotel??

star rating 4.5
-city and zone boston : back bay - fenway area boutique hotel
-travel dates 4th -11th april 2016
-room rate per nite in US Dollars ( shows as reduced by 50% from £284 to £142 which is approx $400 to $200 per night before taxes)
-amenities associated with the hotel (if applicable) : Boutique hotel , business center, Fitness center, Restaurant(s), smoke free rooms, spa services

other clues are 95% recommended from 374 hotwire reviews and 4.5 out of 5 from 2001+ tripadvisor reviews

from the trip advisor clue i think it could be the colonnade, commonwealth, lenox, revere, nine zero or fairmont but none of these are 95% from 374 on hotwire so i'm struggling to work out which hotel it is. any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks

Welcome to betterBidding!

Please post to the board in US Dollars as it keeps all rates posted to the board consistent and not subject to interpretation based upon future currency fluctuations.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you search using the EASY VIEW TAB of our BiddingHelper.com tool.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool... use the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab and then click the GREEN BUTTON next to this listing, do you see more amenities (including any accessible amenities) then what you have listed above? Using this method, below is the full list of amenities i'm seeing for the 4.5 star hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Boutique, Restaurant, Fitness, Smoke Free, Free Internet, Hi-Speed Internet, Business, Spa, Blind Accessible, Deaf Accessible, Room Accessible, Bathroom Accessible, Roll-in Shower

==> if this is what you're seeing, the Hotel Commonwealth would be my best guess for this one.

The percent recommended and the number of reviews is an internal number from HOTWIRE guests and is not the same as the figures that are shown at TA or any other website, so  you can't use this information to try to guess the hotel being offered.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks very much.  I went to book and the price jumped from a 50% discount to a 44% discount ( sorry i don't have the dollar numbers as I am based in the UK and the website only publishes GBP but approximately from $200 to $224)

in your experience should i wait until i see the 50% discount return or am i best to book now as there is only a month to go and the hotels will probably be busy during easter vacations?  Either way I will click through from your site if and when I book. Thanks again.

There is no way to know. If you wait for it to go back to a 50% discount, while waiting for a 6% difference, it could easily go to a 30% discount or less. Prices can definitely go both ways on HOTWIRE and PRICELINE EXPRESS and do so quickly. The listing could also just disappear completely and be replaced by a different and less appealing possibility.

Please remember to return to BetterBidding and use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... or thru our sister site MAPSandHOTELS.com for your regular rate purchases.

Please use our BiddingHelper.com tool for your searches which will show rates in US Dollars (as well as the EASY VIEW tab being the only method to ensure you're seeing the complete amenity set for the hotel being offered)... if the page doesn't convert to GBP upon clicking thru you can then do so using the drop down menu on the top right of the resulting HOTWIRE or PRICELINE page after you click thru.

As far as the percent discount... ignore it!  It is based upon an average rate for hotels of this star rating in the zone for your dates, not necessarily the specific hotel currently being offered.

As your stay is for 7 nites the increase could be due to just one or two nites of this stay increasing in price... maybe these nites come back down, or maybe all of the other nites increase to match these more expensive nites, there is really no way to know which way it will go, but i would focus more on is if you liked the guessed hotel and if you think it will work well for your plans this trip.  If so, rates at this property start at over $300+ for your dates i would focus on the fact that you're currently able to get this one for about $219/nite and not whether it is has gone up or down $10 since you first looked. :wink:

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

thanks very much. the price still looks good but when you add on the extra 27% taxes after clicking through the savings aren't as great as I had hoped.  I am going to try bidding on priceline instead to see if i can get it ( or a similar hotel) cheaper.  I just have to wait a few hours before my 24hr exclusion period is over and then i will give it a try. I will remember to click through from your links and I'll let you know how I get on.

A reminder that the lock-out period is now 2 hours (no longer 24 hours) so you can bid more often.

If you'd like a suggested bidding strategy let us know the star rating you're bidding, which zone(s) are acceptable, and your maximum bid.

Thanks for using the price.ilne and HOTWIRE links on the board for your bidding... it's greatly appreciated.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there I persevered for a few days as I was looking for 2 rooms in a 4 star  central boston hotel at a total price cheaper than a 3 bed apartment but it couldn't be done after adding the 25%-30% taxes so I booked an apartment in the end.  I will definitely look at using your site in the future when I am only looking for one room as it seems the best way to find cheap hotels. thanks for all the advice

Thank you for closing this thread with your decision.

We look forward to helping you with your next trip.

Enjoy your time in Boston.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]